I have been really trying to incorporate more fruits in my diet. Lately, I’ve been adding blueberries in my salads, in smoothies and oatmeal for breakfast. I’m convinced, this little fruit contains antioxidants and offers many amazing health benefits like *softening dry skin, boosting the brain, reversing age-related memory loss, warding off UTI’s (urinary tract infections) and may even prevent cancer.
So, that leads me to my next point. I’m so excited to share this new dessert recipe using blueberries and my favorite brand of baking products, Duncan Hines! This recipe is super simple and you only need three ingredients! Mother’s Day dinner dessert idea? Yumm! 🙂
Blue Velvet Mini Shortcakes
- Hands-On Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Servings: 48 mini shortcakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 2 mini muffin pans with baking cups.
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on the back of the package.
- Fill the baking cups until 2/3 full.
- Bake 13-15 minutes.
- Cool the mini shortcakes completely.
- Remove the baking cups and cut the mini shortcakes in half.
- Spread the frosting on the bottom half of each shortcake and place fresh fruit on top of the frosting.
- Top with remaining half of the shortcake.
- Spread remaining frosting on top of the shortcake and place fresh fruit on top of the frosting.
Watch for my Duncan Hines giveaway post tomorrow… I’m excited! 🙂
About the Author: Jocelyn Cañasa-Brown is a working mom of two boys and is a recognized blogger and mom influencer in the Washington, DC area. In her spare time, she designs and creates her own handmade jewelry, maintains her jewelry store on Etsy and is an active moms group organizer and leader both online and offline. Hip Mama’s Place was nominated for Parents 2011 Best All-Around Mom Blog and named one of the Highest Rated Blogs and Sites on Nickelodeon ParentsConnect for the Washington, DC area. Follow Jocelyn on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.