Are you looking for a fun yet scary drink that could be the centerpiece of your Halloween night? This vampire blood drink recipe is a spooky fun drink that will be loved by the whole family. We are taking a fun twist on cherry limeade and making it a spooky drink for the holidays. Using Sprite, grenadine, cherries, black sugar, and topping it off with cotton candy this drink will be frightening delicious to even look at!
Halloween is all about the candy. Candy has always been the main attraction of the holiday and that probably will never change. But, along with the candy, comes the need for spooky decorations. It wouldn’t be Halloween without skeletons, ghosts and graveyards filling the neighborhood! I like to decorate inside my house as well as outside, creating a creepy atmosphere for my family to tiptoe around. In the month of October, everything is Halloween, right down to my favorite halloween drink recipes. After all, it wouldn’t feel like Halloween if I wasn’t enjoying my candy with a side of Vampire Blood drink, right?
I’m a firm believer that Halloween doesn’t have to be just about candy. There are so many fun foods and drinks that you can make to celebrate. One of my favorite traditions is to set up a whole buffet of themed foods inside my house. Friends and neighbors can stop by while trick or treating with their kids and grab a glass of kid friendly, cherry limeade Vampire blood or a piece of Hocus Pocus fudge. I take full advantage of the chance to put out a Halloween food display!
This vampire blood drink may be one of our favorite Halloween drink recipes. It is very festive but also tasty and refreshing. The kid-friendly vampire blood drink is delicious and a welcomed treat for kids and adults before and after they spend all night walking the neighborhood. It also keeps the party going with the creepy look of the drink.
Let me tell you all about how to make this tasty vampire blood drink.
Ingredients in Vampire Blood Drink Recipe
This vampire drink recipe is essentially a fizzy cherry limeade. It is completely alcohol-free and delicious for both kids and adults. Here is what goes into the glass:
- Sprite- The fizzy, lemon lime taste is what this drink is all about
- Grenadine syrup- sugary, cherry syrup adds most of the flavor to the drink
- Lime juice- fresh lime juice is best
- Maraschino Cherries- A delicious garnish that may be mistaken for vampire eyeballs floating in the glass…
- Black sugar sprinkles- a black sprinkled rim is fancy and spooky
- Red gel food coloring- the deep red color of the drink is very blood-like
- Purple cotton candy- This makes a gorgeous, colorful garnish
You can find the black sprinkles, red food coloring and cotton candy online or at your local craft store. Most stores are well stocked for Halloween right now!
How to Make Vampire Blood Drink
Gather your ingredients to make vampire blood drink but wait until you are ready to enjoy the creepy concoctions before you start mixing. The bubbles in the Sprite taste best when very fresh.
Here is what you will need to do:
1. Mix the Sprite, grenadine and lime juice together in a large pitcher.
2. Grab two small plates and add lime juice to one and black sugar to the other. Then dip the rim of glass into the lime juice followed by the black sugar.
3. Drip a little red food coloring over the black sprinkles, letting it run down the outside of the glass.
4. Add the cherries, gummy eyes and creepy ice cubes to each decorated glass.
5. Pour the vampire blood drink mix all the way up to the rim of each glass.
6. Top each glass with some Halloween cotton candy and enjoy with a straw.
See how easy it is to make these incredible, festive vampire’s blood drink?! A table full of these creepy drink glasses will really set the Halloween mood. I guarantee that kids and adults will gravitate toward the vampire blood drink. No one will be afraid!
Tips and Tricks for Making Halloween Vampire Blood Drink
I have made this vampire blood drink recipe many times over the years and I have a few tips and tricks to share with you. If you come up with any other stellar ideas, please let me know! I always want to make my Halloween themed treats better and creepier!
- Prepare the glasses in advance, dipping the edges in the black sugar and adding the food coloring blood. This will save you time later on!
- Wait until you are ready to drink the vampire blood before mixing the drink. Sprite looses its fizz quickly so you want it to be as fresh as possible.
- Make scary ice cubes to add to the drink. Place a plastic spider in each section of an ice cube tray and then fill with water. Freeze the cubes and then pop a “spider ice” into each glass!
- Make this drink into a Halloween cocktail, perfect for adults. Simply add 1 ½ ounces of vodka to each glass before pouring the vampire blood drink into each glass.
- Red gel food coloring will make the thickest “blood” drip for the glasses. Be warned that your mouth will turn red, just like a vampire who just enjoyed some blood…
- Any bright color cotton candy will work. Neon orange, green or purple are my favorites. You can find small bags at Party City, the dollar store or order them online!
This Halloween, don’t focus just on the candy, remember to make everything creepy, spooky and scary! I never thought sipping vampires blood would taste this good! This Halloween drink recipe for Vampire Blood is the perfect way to add even more fun and spookiness to your house. Give them a try for your Halloween party or to hand out to adults on Halloween night.
Let me know what you think and send me some photos of your vampire blood drink set up or tag me on Instagram @hipmamasplace if you post your own vampire blood drink photos!
Fun! 😊 Getting in the Halloween spirit! 🎃👻🕷
My kids have always liked this type of drink. They don’t like maraschino cherries though, and since Grenadine is Pomegranate syrup we like to use fresh Pomegranate seeds (smashed a bit) in the drink. The kids call them bloody teeth or bloody bone bits, depending on their mood. Lol
wow! What a fabulous drink! My family will go crazy over it!
This drink looks so realistic. I’ll have to make some for my son. Dollar tree used to have plastic spooky hand cups that you could use. I still have one floating around from several years ago, It has held up fairly nicely.
Way too fun!! My girls are SO into Halloween! Def making this!
I love this, what a clever idea. This would be perfect for any Halloween party. I bet the drink tastes really good too. I need to try this myself.
That looks good. Sprite is one of my favorite drinks and it goes well with different flavors.
That looks like a fun drink. I think it would make a great “grown up drink,” too!
These drinks look so neat and like they’d be a lot of fun at a Halloween party!
oh my gosh! These look so good. My boys would flip over these. Saving for later.
Wow! That looks like so much fun! Such a really great idea, perfect for Halloween! My family would love this!
Oh I need to make this! My kids would go nuts for this drink!
This looks like a lot of fun to make, looking forward to giving this a try.
So cool! This is my favorite time of year because I love to see all the halloween stuff.
Oh wow, what a fun idea for a drink. I need to make these with my kids. And heck, I want one as well!
What a fun idea for a drink! We actually had a vampire party for my daughter and this would have been cute.
Yyyeeessssss….now an actual vampire was here for the “blood”! Good work you did, on putting this drink together for the little ones.
This is such a fun and creative idea. I will need to save it for next Halloween.
I am so excited to give this a try! I’m not even going to wait til next Halloween! My girls and I would absolutely love this. Thanks for the ingredients. Love that it’s so easy!
This looks like so much fun! It might be past halloween but I’m still going to make it.
How festive! The cotton candy makes it over the top adorable. Can’t wait to try it with my friends and family.
It’s crazy spooky awesome. you did a good job.
How festive! I love getting into the spirit of the holiday, and this will be such a fun addition to our Halloween menu. The purple cotton candy takes it over the top!
This is cool and fun! How I wish I have read your post earlier and served this yesterday. I think my kids would have a blast. Anyway, I am saving this post for reference. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
This is perfect for kids at Halloween parties.
This is such a fun drink idea! I love the spooky colors and I bet it tastes delicious!
This looks like such a fun recipe! It would be perfect for a Halloween party or even just a fun dinner at home.
Wow! That was a really great and amazing idea. Looks like this will complete our table for tomorrow’s Halloween Celebration!
Wow, this is very impressive. So bad that I know this recipe a little bit late right after the Halloween.
But I will save this and make it for my kid next year.
Thanks for sharing!
This looks so fun. Love that it can be kid friendly too.
What a fun idea! We think of hosting a delayed Halloween party next weekend and it looks like we have the drinks section covered 🙂