This creamy and delicious homemade frozen yogurt recipe takes only 5 minutes to prep and make and you don’t even need an ice cream maker! Make your summer complete by making this yummy homemade frozen yogurt!
While I love hot summer days, sometimes, they can be a little too hot. I often find myself looking for ways to cool down when that mid day sun starts to get strong. Want to know my favorite way to stay cool in the summer? Homemade frozen yogurt!
My frozen yogurt recipe is so simple to make. You don’t need an ice cream machine or to turn on the stove. All you need is a food processor or blender and you are ready to go! It is almost too good to be true. And let me tell you, a big scoop of fresh, healthy frozen yogurt will keep you refreshed and smiling despite the extreme summer heat.
Ingredients in Homemade Frozen Yogurt
My frozen yogurt recipe only uses 4 ingredients. Despite being made from the most basic ingredients, it is so full of bright, fruit flavor with just the right amount of sweetness. Here is what you will need for this recipe:
- frozen fruit– any time of frozen fruit will work. Choose your favorite! You can even use a blend of mixed fruits.
- Greek yogurt– I like to use plain yogurt or vanilla which adds a little extra sweetness. Greek yogurt is nice and thick, making the frozen yogurt have a rich, creamy consistency.
- lemon juice or vanilla extract– Both of these ingredients will bring out the flavor in the frozen yogurt. Lemon juice is good to use when making berry flavored frozen yogurt. It enhances the taste of the sweet berries and brightens the dessert. Vanilla is good for pretty much all other fruits. It adds a rich, warm taste that goes well with peaches, mango, and cherries (to name a few!).
- honey– Honey is a rich, natural sweetener that is also pretty strong. A little honey goes a long way!
Once you have all the ingredients you need to make frozen yogurt, get out your blender or food processor. You will also need a rubber spatula to help you scrape down the sides of the food processor, getting every little bit of fruit into the mix.
How to Make Homemade Frozen Yogurt
Are you ready to eat fresh frozen yogurt in just 5 minutes? That is all the time it takes to put this recipe together! Here is what you need to do:
1. Add all of the ingredients to a large food processor and pulse. You can also use a high speed blender and puree everything together.
2. Serve immediately or transfer to airtight container and place in freezer until ready to serve.
How easy is that! There is seriously just one step to making homemade frozen yogurt and it’s an easy step too. Anyone can blend!
Homemade Frozen Yogurt Flavors
One thing I love about this homemade frozen yogurt recipe is its flexibility. You can use any kind of berries, any kind of sweetener and really any kind of yogurt. Get creative and customize the frozen yogurt to be exactly what you crave!
Here are a few of my favorite frozen yogurt flavors that you may want to try.
- Peaches and Cream– Use peaches as the frozen fruit and 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Mixed Berry– Use mixed frozen berries and the 2 tsp of lemon juice
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry– Use frozen strawberries, vanilla extract and replace the honey with chocolate sauce
- Mango Tango– Use frozen mango and lemon juice
- Blueberry Bash– Use frozen blueberries and blueberry Greek yogurt
- Strawberry Lemonade– Use frozen strawberries and add an extra teaspoon of lemon juice
- Cherry Peach– Use half frozen cherries and half frozen peaches with the vanilla extract
The possibilities are really endless with this recipe. You can change the fruit to be almost anything you’d like! Whatever you have on hand can be turned into fresh, cold frozen yogurt.
Tips and Tricks for Making Homemade Frozen Yogurt
This homemade frozen yogurt recipe is super easy but I do have a few little tips. Take a look before you start blending
- Blend for at least 2 minutes- you really want the frozen yogurt to get fluffy and smooth. The longer you blend, the smoother it will be!
- Use 1 Tbsp erythritol for a lower sugar frozen yogurt. You can also skip the sweetener all together, the fruit should be sweet enough!
- Try to enjoy the frozen yogurt right away. While you can freeze it and enjoy it later, it has the best, soft texture when fresh from the food processor.
- A pinch of salt will really enhance the flavors in the recipe.
- Cut the recipe in half or in 1/4th to enjoy a personal sized bowl of frozen yogurt.
- Scoop any leftover frozen yogurt into popsicle molds and freeze. A frozen yogurt pop is another fantastic hot day treat.
Summer is just beginning and it already feels like it will be a long one. Make the hot days more bearable with this frozen yogurt recipe. I promise it will make even the hottest summer days much more pleasant. Be sure to tell me which flavors you try. Enjoy!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Read our Disclosure Policy for more details.
Try these other delicious summer desserts!
I hope you love this homemade frozen yogurt recipe – be sure to give it a review below!
This creamy and delicious homemade frozen yogurt recipe takes only 5 minutes to prep and make and you don’t need an ice cream maker!
- 4 cups (12 oz bag) frozen fruit, your favorite
- ½ cup vanilla greek yogurt or plain
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice or vanilla extract **see notes
- 2 tablespoons honey or other sweetener
- In a large food processor, add all ingredients and process until smooth
- Serve immediately or transfer to airtight container and place in freezer until ready to serve.
For strawberry and blueberry frozen yogurt, use lemon juice
For peach frozen yogurt, use vanilla extract