You’ll love the fresh strawberry flavor in this no churn strawberry ice cream that’s incredibly delicious, rich and creamy! It’s so easy to make, no ice cream maker required and only uses 5 ingredients! It’s perfect for an after dinner dessert, weekend brunch, during the summer or anytime of the year!
Are you excited that summer is almost here? I definitely am! I spend a lot of time with my family in the summer going to the beach, grilling dinner outside, splashing in our pool and traveling together as much as possible. It is a season for being outside and spending time together. Of course, I look forward to summer all year!
You probably know by now that I love to celebrate everything with food. Summer is no exception! I am constantly making in season meals and treats for my family and, in the summer, there are so many fantastic fresh, local fruits and veggies. Of course, you can’t have summer without ice cream and fresh, homemade ice cream may just be my new favorite summer tradition!
Right now, I have been making strawberry everything and my family is loving it. I recently whipped up a batch of homemade strawberry ice cream and everyone went crazy for it! They are already asking me to make it again. I definitely will because my recipe for homemade no churn strawberry ice cream just tastes like summer. Let me tell you all about it!
No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
Most ice cream requires an ice cream maker to churn the cooked ingredients together, freezing the ice cream while also folding in air to make it fluffy and light. But, the thing is, not all of us have an ice cream maker at home. How can we make perfect ice cream too?!
My no churn strawberry ice cream recipe is made without an ice cream machine and it still turns out perfectly. No fancy appliance needed here! There is no cooking the ice cream mix and I only use 5 ingredients. It is an ice cream recipe that’s so easy anyone can make it.
Ingredients for strawberry no churn ice cream
I love simple summer recipes. As much as I love to cook, I want to be outside in the summer, spending time with my family in the sunshine, not stuck in a hot kitchen. To make this strawberry ice cream, you only need about 15 minutes and 5 ingredients. Here is what to grab at the grocery store:
- sweetened condensed milk– This is what will give the ice cream it’s sweet taste. It also helps keep the ice cream soft and creamy.
- heavy whipping cream– Ice cream is a dairy based dessert and my recipe uses heavy whipping cream as the ice cream base. Whipping cream also fluffs nicely when beaten which gives the ice cream a lot of air. Folding in whipped cream is what enables you to skip the ice cream maker!
- vanilla extract– Vanilla enhances the taste of the ice cream, making it taste sweeter and richer.
- fresh strawberries– You need fresh chopped strawberries to make strawberry ice cream! I like to chop the strawberries pretty small so you get a strawberry in every bite.
- strawberry syrup or strawberry topping- I like to use strawberry syrup to give the ice cream and extra boost of strawberry flavor. It also turns the ice cream a pretty pink color.
Once you have all of the ingredients you need, grab a mixing bowl and an electric hand mixer. A stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment will work as well. A rubber spatula and a bread loaf pan or large freezer safe container are also needed to make my ice cream recipe. Once you have these ingredients and tools, you are ready to go!
How to make strawberry ice cream no churn
There is no cooking or churning involved in my strawberry ice cream no churn. A little measuring, whipping and stirring is all you will need to do.
As if that’s not enough, I’m giving you a step-by-step visual of how to make no churn strawberry ice cream. It can’t get any easier than that!
1. Add the sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream and vanilla to a large mixing bowl.
2. Beat the ingredients together with a hand mixer until the mix reaches stiff peak. This means when you lift the mixer whips out of the cream, it stands up and holds its shape.
3. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the strawberries by hand.
5. Cover and freeze the ice cream for about 5 hours or until it is solid. Then scoop and serve!
Isn’t this the easiest homemade strawberry ice cream recipe you have ever seen? It really is so simple, yet the taste is out of this world. It is even better than any treat from an ice cream shop or store bought, packaged ice cream. You just can’t beat that homemade, fresh strawberry taste!
Serve them in cups or as my family and I prefer, in ice cream cones! Either way, this no churn strawberry ice cream is so rich, creamy and delicious you’re guaranteed delighted, excited faces from your family and guests!
With my no churn strawberry ice cream recipe, you can whip up a batch of homemade ice cream and still have time to spend doing all your favorite summer activities. There is no cooking involved and no excess time in the kitchen. All you need is about 15 minutes and a freezer! Give this strawberry ice cream recipe a try this summer. You and your family will love it. It really does taste like summer. Enjoy!
MORE DELICIOUS DESSERTS TO TRY!
I hope you like this recipe for strawberry no churn ice cream– be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Hip Mama’s Place on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter!
This post may contain affiliate links. Hip Mama’s Place is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising revenues by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and other retailers- at zero cost to you. You can learn more about our Privacy and Disclosure Policies HERE.
You’ll love the fresh strawberry flavor in this no churn strawberry ice cream that’s incredibly delicious, rich and creamy! It’s so easy to make, no ice cream maker required and only uses 5 ingredients! It’s perfect for an after dinner dessert, weekend brunch, during the summer or anytime!
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups strawberries, diced
2 tablespoons strawberry syrup or strawberry topping
pinch of salt (optional)
1. In a mixing bowl, add in sweetened condensed milk, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla extract.
2. Mix on high with hand held electric mixer for 4 minutes, or until you have reached a stiff peak.
3. Fold in diced strawberries, gently.
4. Swirl in strawberry syrup or strawberry topping to really give the ice-cream that strawberry
5. Pour ice cream in a bread loaf pan and place in the freezer for 5-6 hours.
6. Serve with your favorite cone and toppings.