These garlic parmesan chicken wings are juicy inside and perfectly crispy outside cooked to perfection in the air fryer! They’re so easy and quick to make and are perfect for game nights, movie nights, big family get-togethers or just for a quick, easy dinner!
Perfectly juicy and crispy chicken wings are an occasional treat in our house. We love eating chicken wings on big game nights or just on a random Tuesday when we all want a flavorful filling meal. I can always count on chicken wings to be a hit at dinnertime.
I have recently been trying to use my air fryer more frequently. It is such a convenient appliance and really does fry foods perfectly using almost no oil. I very often make my crispy chicken wings recipe in my air fryer and they come out perfect every time. But lately, I have been wanting even more flavor. So, while the hubby and kids really love my lemon pepper chicken wings, I thought I’d make chicken wings with some of our family’s favorite flavors.. for variety!
Luckily, there are so many ways to flavor chicken wings and so many different types of chicken wings to try! Garlic parmesan chicken wings are definitely at the top of my list. I recently made the most perfect air fryer chicken parmesan wings that I instantly wanted to share the recipe. So here it is! Let me tell you all about my air fryer parmesan chicken wings and how to make them.
Ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
I bet you already have everything you need to make these delicious air fryer chicken wings. You may be able to make this meal for dinner tonight! Here is what you will need:
- Chicken wings– Use fresh chicken wings or frozen, thawed chicken wings.
- Olive oil– I like the taste of olive oil but vegetable oil or canola oil will work as well
- Salt and Pepper– A little seasoning on the chicken helps bring out the flavor of the meat.
- Butter– Any sauce made with rich butter is guaranteed to be good!
- Garlic– Fresh chopped garlic is spicy, sweet and adds a great taste to the chicken wing sauce
- Parmesan Cheese– Salty parmesan cheese is what this recipe is all about!
- Parsley– A sprinkle of parsley adds a nice fresh taste to the chicken wings
- Blue Cheese Dressing-I love dipping my wings in blue cheese dressing but this ingredient is totally up to you! Choose your favorite dip to serve with the parmesan chicken wings. Some people in my family like ranch dressing better!
To make the air fryer chicken wings, you will need an air fryer (of course!). Grab a big bowl to toss the cooked chicken in as well. You will also need a small saute pan and spoon to make the sauce.
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
The reason I love my air fryer is because it is just so easy to use. The air fryer will cook and crisp the wings without you having to do any real work at all! No flipping chicken wings or watching oil temperatures needed.
Here is how to make my air fryer chicken wings with garlic parmesan sauce.
1. First, pat your chicken dry with a paper towel.
3. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken, making sure to turn the chicken to coat with oil evenly.
4. Turn the air fryer on to 400° for 20 minutes, making sure to turn halfway through at the 10-minute mark.
5. While the wings are cooking, proceed to make the garlic butter.
6. To make the garlic butter, grate the garlic into a small sauté pan, add in the butter.
7. Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes or right as the garlic starts to get a little color. Be careful because the garlic can burn quickly.
8. Remove the wings from the air fryer and place them in a large bowl.
9. Pour the garlic butter over the cooked wings and toss to coat.
10. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and the parsley over the wings making sure to toss until all the wings are well coated.
A little fresh parsley makes a nice garnish for the wings. The wings are definitely best when hot and crispy. So be prepared to eat them right away! I don’t think that should be a problem…
Tips and Tricks for Making Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
I want you to make perfect parmesan garlic chicken wings so I am going to share a few tips and tricks that will help you make wings perfectly. Take a look at these tips before you start cooking!
- You can use frozen chicken wings to make this recipe, just be sure they are completely thawed and patted dry.
- Fresh grated parmesan is best but the powdered parmesan you buy in the pasta aisle can work really well too. Sprinkle the powdered parmesan on top of the cooked chicken wings after you plate them.
- Look for pre-minced, jarred gals to help save time. The less chopping and grating, the better!
- Be sure to place the wings in a single layer in the air fryer. This will make sure they cook evenly and are all crispy.
- Replace the wings with drumsticks. This is great for those of you who prefer chicken drumsticks over wings.
If you make these air fryer chicken wings and come up with a great cooking tip, let me know! I always love hearing a new culinary tip.
Easy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
If you love chicken wings as much as I do then I strongly recommend giving this garlic parmesan chicken wings recipe a try. These air fryer chicken wings are delicious and so simple to make! They are perfect for Sunday night football, for big family get-togethers or just for a quick, easy dinner. Let me know what you think! Enjoy!
MORE YUMMY CHICKEN RECIPES TO TRY!
I hope you like this garlic parmesan chicken wings recipe – be sure to give it a review below!
For the Wings:
- 1 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For the Garlic Sauce:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 blue cheese dressing, optional
- Pat your chicken dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in your air fryer.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken, making sure to turn the chicken to coat with oil evenly.
- Turn the air fryer on to 400° for 20 minutes, making sure to turn halfway through at the 10-minute mark.
- While the wings are cooking, proceed to make the garlic butter sauce.
- To make the garlic butter sauce, grate the garlic into a small sauté pan, and add in the butter.
- Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes or right as the garlic starts to get a little color. Be careful because the garlic can burn quickly.
- Remove the wings from the air fryer and place them in a large bowl.
- Pour the garlic butter over the cooked wings and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and the parsley over the wings making sure to toss until all the wings are well coated.
Keywords: air fryer, garlic parmesan chicken wings