These garlic parmesan chicken wings are juicy inside and perfectly crispy outside cooked to perfection in the air fryer! They’re so easy and quick to make and are perfect for game nights, movie nights, big family get-togethers or just for a quick, easy dinner!
Perfectly juicy and crispy chicken wings are an occasional treat in our house. We love eating chicken wings on big game nights or just on a random Tuesday when we all want a flavorful filling meal. I can always count on chicken wings to be a hit at dinnertime.
I have recently been trying to use my air fryer more frequently. It is such a convenient appliance and really does fry foods perfectly using almost no oil. I very often make my crispy chicken wings recipe in my air fryer and they come out perfect every time. But lately, I have been wanting even more flavor. So, while the hubby and kids really love my lemon pepper chicken wings, I thought I’d make chicken wings with some of our family’s favorite flavors.. for variety!
Luckily, there are so many ways to flavor chicken wings and so many different types of chicken wings to try! Garlic parmesan chicken wings are definitely at the top of my list. I recently made the most perfect air fryer chicken parmesan wings that I instantly wanted to share the recipe. So here it is! Let me tell you all about my air fryer parmesan chicken wings and how to make them.
Ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
I bet you already have everything you need to make these delicious air fryer chicken wings. You may be able to make this meal for dinner tonight! Here is what you will need:
- Chicken wings– Use fresh chicken wings or frozen, thawed chicken wings.
- Olive oil– I like the taste of olive oil but vegetable oil or canola oil will work as well
- Salt and Pepper– A little seasoning on the chicken helps bring out the flavor of the meat.
- Butter– Any sauce made with rich butter is guaranteed to be good!
- Garlic– Fresh chopped garlic is spicy, sweet and adds a great taste to the chicken wing sauce
- Parmesan Cheese– Salty parmesan cheese is what this recipe is all about!
- Parsley– A sprinkle of parsley adds a nice fresh taste to the chicken wings
- Blue Cheese Dressing-I love dipping my wings in blue cheese dressing but this ingredient is totally up to you! Choose your favorite dip to serve with the parmesan chicken wings. Some people in my family like ranch dressing better!
To make the air fryer chicken wings, you will need an air fryer (of course!). Grab a big bowl to toss the cooked chicken in as well. You will also need a small saute pan and spoon to make the sauce.
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
The reason I love my air fryer is because it is just so easy to use. The air fryer will cook and crisp the wings without you having to do any real work at all! No flipping chicken wings or watching oil temperatures needed.
Here is how to make my air fryer chicken wings with garlic parmesan sauce.
1. First, pat your chicken dry with a paper towel.
2. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper, then place them in your air fryer.
3. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken, making sure to turn the chicken to coat with oil evenly.
4. Turn the air fryer on to 400° for 20 minutes, making sure to turn halfway through at the 10-minute mark.
5. While the wings are cooking, proceed to make the garlic butter.
6. To make the garlic butter, grate the garlic into a small sauté pan, add in the butter.
7. Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes or right as the garlic starts to get a little color. Be careful because the garlic can burn quickly.
8. Remove the wings from the air fryer and place them in a large bowl.
9. Pour the garlic butter over the cooked wings and toss to coat.
10. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and the parsley over the wings making sure to toss until all the wings are well coated.
A little fresh parsley makes a nice garnish for the wings. The wings are definitely best when hot and crispy. So be prepared to eat them right away! I don’t think that should be a problem…
Tips and Tricks for Making Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
I want you to make perfect parmesan garlic chicken wings so I am going to share a few tips and tricks that will help you make wings perfectly. Take a look at these tips before you start cooking!
- You can use frozen chicken wings to make this recipe, just be sure they are completely thawed and patted dry.
- Fresh grated parmesan is best but the powdered parmesan you buy in the pasta aisle can work really well too. Sprinkle the powdered parmesan on top of the cooked chicken wings after you plate them.
- Look for pre-minced, jarred gals to help save time. The less chopping and grating, the better!
- Be sure to place the wings in a single layer in the air fryer. This will make sure they cook evenly and are all crispy.
- Replace the wings with drumsticks. This is great for those of you who prefer chicken drumsticks over wings.
If you make these air fryer chicken wings and come up with a great cooking tip, let me know! I always love hearing a new culinary tip.
Easy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
If you love chicken wings as much as I do then I strongly recommend giving this garlic parmesan chicken wings recipe a try. These air fryer chicken wings are delicious and so simple to make! They are perfect for Sunday night football, for big family get-togethers or just for a quick, easy dinner. Let me know what you think! Enjoy!Print
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
For the Wings:
- 1 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For the Garlic Sauce:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 blue cheese dressing, optional
- Pat your chicken dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in your air fryer.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken, making sure to turn the chicken to coat with oil evenly.
- Turn the air fryer on to 400° for 20 minutes, making sure to turn halfway through at the 10-minute mark.
- While the wings are cooking, proceed to make the garlic butter sauce.
- To make the garlic butter sauce, grate the garlic into a small sauté pan, and add in the butter.
- Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes or right as the garlic starts to get a little color. Be careful because the garlic can burn quickly.
- Remove the wings from the air fryer and place them in a large bowl.
- Pour the garlic butter over the cooked wings and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and the parsley over the wings making sure to toss until all the wings are well coated.
Keywords: air fryer, garlic parmesan chicken wings
The family is a big fan of chicken wings and garlic parmesan chicken wings are looking quite delicious!
I bought a bag of chicken wings. I’m definitely going to have to make these. Perfect timing for Super Bowl too.
I am purchasing an Air fryer next week. This recipe is on my list, and I’m bookmarking this page. They look delicious.
I love chicken wings and I make different ones just for snacking on some. That dish is looking absolutely delicious! Would love to give this a try sometime for sure.
This sounds so good for dinner this week. I love my air fryer, which I use from time to time. This recipe is going in my recipe collection. Thanks for sharing this with us.
We love chicken wings over here and I do love using my air fryer. Going to try this next week. Yum!
Currently I am trying air fryer recipes coz it’s the new addition in my kitchen. . Glad I found a new one to try.
Mmmm…… These chicken wings look amazingly delicious! Must make them in my Air Fryer!
Nnnniiicccceeeee….garlic and chicken wings in one sentence, for me? I so badly want this recipe.
I never know what to do with chicken wings. This sounds like a really tasty recipe that would work well paired with salad.
Garlic parmesan chicken wings are so good, especially with dry seasoning!
These look amazing! I love cooking with my air fryer. I can’t wait to try this recipe.
Wow! This looks absolutely delicious and tasty! My kids are going to love this for sure! Can’t wait to try this recipe!
OMG! This looks really, really delicious. Very timely since we just got a new airfryer and every loves cheese and chicken wings at home. Thank you for sharing recipe. We will try this on Saturday.
These look so good. I need to start using my air fryer for more recipes. I’m getting bored of the same ones.
I love chicken wings, but I never tried to cook them in the air fryer. I`m glad I found your recipe. It looks like we have chicken dinner this weekend.
I make air-fried wings all the time. I’ll definitely will try this recipe.
These look amazing. I have never had chicken wings in the air fryer yet. I’ll have to try these.
My husband loves wings. I need to make these for him.
These look like incredible wings. I know my family would gobble them right up.
Those wings look amazing. I make wings with my air fryer all the time, and I’m eager to add this one to my rotation.
These chicken wings sound so good. I’ve not had chicken in ages and this sounds like it would be full of flavour. I might see if I can make it in the oven.
This looks so tasty! Really straightforward too. I don’t have an air fryer, but really want to try one. They seem to be healthy as well as economical with energy. Do you recommend any particular model?
I’m going to have to try this recipe once we get an air fryer. The chicken looks so delicious!
Yum! These Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings look amazing! I love my air fryer and always looking for new recipes. Thank you for the great and easy-to-follow instructions!
Mmmm yum! These chicken wings look so good and crispy! Salivating just thinking of them. I have an air fryer that my dad gave us and it honestly has been such a game changer in terms of crispy and yummy goodness. I need to try and make these!
Maureen | http://www.littlemisscasual.com
Sorry, had to come back for a second look. These still look so good! I’ll definitely be trying them out in my new air fryer before too long! Thanks again!
OMG, I am trying this recipe this week! These chicken wings look so delicious and thanks for sharing the recipe. I just shared this via Facebook
Air fryer wings are the best! They are so easy and taste great. This garlic parmesan sauce was perfect, too.
I was given my very own air fryer at Christmas from my sister. So I’m very limited on recipes right now. But now I can add one more! Plus these look fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing!