This quick and delicious Sheet Pan Chicken with Artichokes and Potatoes baked with lemon, garlic and thyme seasoning is sure to be an easy dinner winner!
There are so many reasons why I love sheet pan recipes like this Sheet Pan Chicken with Artichokes and Potatoes I’m sharing with you today. Not only they’re the easiest way to feed my family, they also don’t leave me with a million bowls and pots and pans to clean, just the one sheet pan.
I mean, how clever is the sheet pan dinner idea? All you have to do is throw everything on a sheet pan and cook the whole meal together. Just let the oven do all the work for you!
So, if you haven’t tried or discovered sheet pan dinners yet, I’m telling you, you’ll be hooked for life!
I shared with you my One-Pan Garlic Herb Butter Chicken with Potatoes and Asparagus before and I know you’ll love my Sheet Pan Chicken with Artichokes and Potatoes too!
This latest one-pan dinner recipe has definitely made it on my list of “easy dinner winners”. It’s quick, delicious and healthy and it’s always a big hit with the hubby and kids every time I make it. Do you meal prep? This easy one pan chicken and veggie meal is definitely a perfect meal prep recipe!
How to make Sheet Pan Chicken with Artichokes and Potatoes
This complete sheet pan chicken dinner with artichokes and potatoes is a win-win!
In four easy steps, you can have a delicious one pan meal!
- Marinate chicken with the marinated artichoke hearts for at least 15 minutes to an hour (depending on how much time you have available)
- Arrange chicken pieces, artichoke hearts and potatoes, the drizzle with a little olive oil, then sprinkle with garlic powder, thyme, and salt & pepper.
- Arrange lemon slices on top of chicken pieces, and all around the veggies.
Sheet Pan Chicken with Artichokes and Potatoes – Tips and Tricks
- This recipe works well as a standalone one-pan meat + vegetable dinner. But feel free to eat/serve it alongside rice, quinoa, pasta or even a green salad.
- You can use fingerling, new potatoes, or any variety of potato you like, just be sure to cut them into about one-inch pieces so they cook in time with the chicken (I like fingerlings because they are already small and require little chopping here)
- Feel free to add in any of your favorite veggies to the mix like broccoli, zucchini/yellow squash, red bell pepper and onions.
- To store leftovers, use an airtight storage container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- To reheat, use a lightly greased baking sheet and gently warm in the oven at 350 degrees F until hot. You can also reheat this dish in the microwave or on the stovetop in a skillet.
- To freeze, use an airtight freezer-safe storage container and freeze this sheet pan dinner for up to 3 months. Be sure to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
So, what do you think of this sheet pan chicken with artichokes and potatoes recipe? Let me know if you try it by tagging me on Instagram @hipmamasplace!Print
Sheet Pan Chicken with Artichokes and Potatoes are baked with lemon, garlic and thyme seasoning. Quick and delicious!
1 pound chicken breast
1 (15 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
½ yellow onion, sliced
1 pound fingerling potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces(see notes)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
salt and pepper
1 lemon, sliced
- Pour contents of artichoke hearts jar into a large bowl. Slice chicken breasts into 4 pieces total. Place chicken pieces in the bowl with the marinade and artichokes and marinate for one hour, covered in the fridge, or as long as your time allows. If you don’t have one hour, just a few minutes is fine to coat the breasts with the seasonings.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle a little olive oil over the sheet.
- Arrange onion slices on sheet. Place potatoes at one end of the baking sheet and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Remove chicken pieces from the marinade and arrange on the sheet. Do the same with the artichoke hearts.
- Sprinkle everything on the sheet with garlic powder, thyme, and salt & pepper. Arrange lemon slices on top of chicken pieces, and all around the veggies.
- Roast in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and registers 165°F on meat thermometer, and potatoes are fork tender.
Keywords: sheet pan dinner, sheet pan chicken, sheet pan recipe, one pan, one pan dinner
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT HERE!