This quick and easy One-Pan Garlic Herb Butter Chicken with Potatoes and Asparagus makes a complete, satisfying dinner that’s perfect for busy weeknights!
Everybody understands the struggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Making homemade dinners when you’re juggling a busy schedule can feel almost impossible. To avoid ordering takeout, I rely on recipes that are quick and easy.
Lately, I’ve been loving sheet pan dinners. Throwing delicious dinners on a sheet pan couldn’t be easier!
I’ve tried several sheet pan recipes I found online and one of our family’s favorites is this One-Pan Garlic Herb Butter Chicken with Potatoes and Asparagus. My friends, this recipe is just what you need in your back pocket on those hurried days when you want a satisfying dinner in no time!
Not only is this sheet pan chicken recipe ridiculously EASY, it’s also incredibly delish! It’s a clever way of making an entire meal at once in one pan that everyone will enjoy!
Start by making the garlic herb butter sauce by combining broth, herbs, butter and garlic. Pour this mixture over chicken and potatoes on the sheet pan. Bake and then add the asparagus to the pan and bake 10-12 more minutes. Easy peasy!
My family loves chicken so I do cook with chicken a lot. Recently, I learned about air chilled chicken and got them at my local Safeway from their new line of air chilled chicken products: Open Nature® Air Chilled Chicken and O Organics Air Chilled Chicken.
I was super impressed at the quality of these air-chilled chickens and how they stayed moist and juicy even after baking. I also learned that these chickens are individually processed in cold chambers with purified air, which makes them mouth-watering, moist and makes the chicken flavor stay natural.
I try to cook with fresh, healthy and nutrient-rich ingredients as much as I can so it’s great to know that these air-chilled chickens contain up to 3x more omega-3s and up to 40% lower in dietary cholesterol than conventional vegetarian-fed chickens due to a proprietary flaxseed-enriched feed. If you’re also watching your fat intake like I do, you’ll love that these air-chilled chickens are lower in saturated fat. They’re also cage free, with no added hormones and absolutely no antibiotics. It’s also a big deal that they are certified by the American Humane Association.
Here in the Washington, DC and Northern Virginia, you can buy the O Organics® Air Chilled Chicken and Open Nature® Air Chilled Chicken at a Safeway store near you. In other states, they are also available at these stores: ACME, Shaw’s, Star Market, Albertsons, Jewel-Osco, Tom Thumb or Randalls.
Doesn’t this make your mouth water?
I love that it’s super quick to make so I don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen. This sheet pan chicken recipe cooks in no time at all! Just 15 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook in the oven and we have a complete, healthy and delicious dinner that’s super easy to clean-up too! Another thing worth mentioning is that I love incorporating garlic in my recipes. Garlic offers a lot of great health benefits!
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth or stock
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cloves finely chopped garlic (or 1 tbsp)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or according to your taste)
- fresh ground black pepper, to season
- 3–4 O Organics® Air Chilled Chicken or Open Nature® Air Chilled Chicken boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound asparagus
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking oil spray, or a light coating of oil. Set aside.
- To make the garlic herb butter sauce, combine butter, chicken broth, chopped garlic, parsley, thyme and rosemary in a bowl and mix well.
- Arrange the chicken in the middle of the baking sheet and place the potatoes all around the chicken. Drizzle the chicken and potatoes with 1/2 cup of the sauce, then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Lightly spray all over with olive oil spray or cooking oil spray.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or when potatoes start to become golden.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and flip each chicken breast. Move the potatoes to one side and place the asparagus around the chicken on the other side of the baking sheet. Pour the remaining garlic herb butter sauce over the asparagus and toss well. Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (no longer pink in the middle) and potatoes are tender.
- Broil (or grill) for another 2-3 minutes until the chicken is golden and the potatoes are crisp.
- Spoon the pan juices over the chicken and sprinkle with fresh chopped herbs (optional).
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this one-pan chicken recipe as much as my family and I did. I’ll be featuring more easy and delicious sheet pan dinners like this again soon, so stay tuned!
So, what do you think about this sheet pan chicken recipe, or the air chilled chicken? Do you have a favorite quick and easy recipe you’d like to share? Tell me in the comments! 🙂
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of ABSCos. The opinions and text are all mine.