These air fryer lemon pepper chicken wings are perfectly delicious, quick and made with lemon pepper seasoning then tossed in zesty lemon butter sauce. So sooo good!
Do you have an air fryer? Are you as obsessed with it as I am? I absolutely love my air fryer and use it to make so many things. That little machine’s ability to crisp almost anything with practically no oil is just amazing. The moment I got my air fryer, I stopped deep frying completely and I will never go back. Air frying is just a healthier way to cook and eat. I just love it!
One of my favorite things to make in the air fryer is chicken wings. I’ll admit that I used to deep fry wings all the time and sure, they were tasty, but they were also loaded with fats and unhealthy oil. The air fryer makes wings perfectly using a fraction of the fat. You can also make wings in so many different ways, adjusting the seasonings to create new, delicious recipes. I have recently been making lemon pepper chicken wings and my family loves them.
Lemon pepper chicken wings are perfect as a weekday dinner but they can also make a perfect game-day food. You can’t go wrong with a big plate of wings in front of a big screen TV! I also just served these wings at a graduation party alongside some buffalo wing sauce for dipping. Everyone loved them! Air fryer chicken wings with lemon pepper seasoning are always a hit. Let me tell you all about how to make them so you can have this easy, delicious meal too.
Ingredients for Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings Air Fryer
Do you agree that simple recipes are best? I definitely do! I want recipes that have the most flavor with the fewest ingredients. My lemon pepper chicken wing recipe only uses 5 ingredients. You can find them all in any grocery store so you probably want to go shopping right away. You need these wings!
Here’s what you need:
- chicken wings– Fresh chicken wings work best but frozen, thawed wings will work as well. You can even make this recipe with drumsticks or a mix of both types of meat.
- oil– Any kind of oil will work. I usually use vegetable oil or olive oil for a richer taste.
- lemon pepper seasoning – Lemon pepper seasoning is typically made with a blend of salt, black pepper and dehydrated lemon. Any brand will work to make these lemon pepper wings
- butter– I use butter to make a delicious lemon sauce to really increase the lemon taste of the wings.
- lemon zest– A little lemon zest makes the lemon sauce flavorful and with a tangy zing. My microplane zester grater always comes in handy when I make my lemon zest.
Once you have all your ingredients together, you will need some paper towel, a small saucepan, a large bowl and, of course, an air fryer!
How to Make Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
Are you ready to eat? Follow this recipe and you will be eating fresh, hot lemon pepper chicken wings in about 25 minutes!
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Dry your chicken wings with paper towel. The dryer the wings, the better the seasoning will stick!
2. Sprinkle the wings with the lemon pepper seasoning. Don’t go too crazy, just use as much as the recipe calls for. Lemon pepper seasoning is mostly salt so you don’t want to over do it.
3. Place the wings in the basket of your air fryer, laying them flat in one layer on the bottom of the basket. This will ensure there is good airflow for the wings to get crispy.
4. Drizzle the wings with the oil and then air fry at 400 degrees F for about 20 min. Flip the wings half way through the cooking process so they brown evenly.
5. While the wings cook, melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the lemon zest. Simmer the butter for about 3 minutes then remove the pan from the heat.
6. Place the cooked wings in a large bowl and toss them with the lemon butter. Enjoy while hot!
If you want to cut back on the calories, skip the lemon butter sauce or serve it on the side. When the wings come out of the fryer, just sprinkle them with a little extra lemon pepper seasoning to increase the lemon taste. I love that butter sauce but the wings are really great without it, too.
Got a few questions about making air fryer lemon pepper wings? Hopefully these frequently asked questions and answers will help. You can always leave a comment below and I will try to answer as soon as I can!
Do you use the juice of the lemon?
My recipe does not use any lemon juice, just lemon zest. Zest is a little more potent than the juice and works well in an air fryer. It doesn’t add moisture to the wings so they will crisp nicely.
What is lemon zest and how do you make it?
Lemon zest is made by finely grating the outer skin of the lemon. You want to grate just the yellow part and stop when your grater hits the white pith. The yellow part of the lemon skin is full of citrusy oils that taste incredible. Try using a microplane which is a razor sharp, very fine grater. It makes perfect lemon zest!
What is lemon pepper?
Lemon pepper is a type of seasoning made from salt, ground black pepper and dehydrated lemon. You can use it to add a bright lemony taste to almost any recipe. I use it on chicken, in burgers, in salad dressing and, of course, as the main seasoning in my lemon pepper wings!
If you are looking for a new type of chicken wings to serve at your next party or just trying to find new weeknight dinner ideas, you should definitely try these air fryer lemon pepper chicken wings. They are great anytime! They are also so easy that you have no reason not to give them a try. It is a must-make recipe. Let me know what you think. Enjoy!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Read our Disclosure Policy for more details.
Try these other delicious chicken recipes!
I hope you love this recipe for lemon pepper chicken wings air fryer – be sure to give it a review below!Print
This air fryer lemon pepper chicken wings recipe is quick, delicious and made with lemon pepper seasoning then tossed in zesty lemon butter sauce. Yum!
- 1 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Pat your chicken dry with paper towels. Sprinkle the chicken with lemon pepper, making sure to coat both sides.
- Place the chicken in your air fryer. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken, making sure to turn the chicken to coat with oil evenly.
- Turn the air fryer on to 400° for 20 minutes, making sure to turn halfway through at the 10-minute mark.
- While the wings are cooking, proceed to make the lemon butter. In a small saucepan, combine the butter and lemon zest. Cook over medium heat until all the butter has melted, turn the heat down to low for 3 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the air fryer and place them in a large bowl. Pour the lemon butter over the cooked wings and toss to coat. If you would like, you can sprinkle a little extra lemon pepper over the wings.
- Serving Size: 4 chicken wings