This strawberry cobbler recipe is a perfect summertime dessert that’s so easy to put together featuring fresh strawberries topped with a sweet cake-like topping.
Friends, I’m so excited about my new strawberry cobbler recipe. It has tons of that sweet strawberry flavor that my family and I love and it’s super easy to throw together.
Everyone in my house just loves strawberries! We put those perfect, sweet red berries in everything – in our morning cereal, salads, smoothies and desserts.
Now, summer is almost here and this easy strawberry cobbler is also the perfect dessert to welcome the hot weather season. I think you should add this easy strawberry cobbler recipe on your next summer get-together menu!
How to Make the Best Strawberry Cobbler
This fresh strawberry cobbler recipe has two main parts- the filling and the topping.
Let me tell you a little bit about the filling first. The whole filling revolves around fresh strawberries. Strawberries are in season now so you should be able to easily find them in your local grocery store. Frozen strawberries will work in a pinch but nothing can compare to the sweet taste of those fresh red berries!
I toss the halved strawberries with a little flour, sugar and vanilla extract. The sugar and vanilla will bring out the natural sweetness in the strawberries and the flour will help thicken the cobbler filling as it bakes. I like to keep the ingredient list simple so that the strawberries can really be the star of the dessert.
To make the strawberry cobbler topping, I mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. I use my hands to blend in the butter until the mix looks like crumbly wet sand. Stir in the milk to make a thick, wet looking dough. This topping will bake perfectly on the fresh strawberry cobbler and it only takes about 5 minutes to make!
The strawberry filling is scooped into a pan and then the topping is dolloped on and the cobbler bakes in the pre-heated oven for about 40 minutes.
I love how the topping comes out like a thin layer of cake on top of the strawberry filling.. sooo soo good!
This strawberry cobbler recipe is best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. It’s also really delicious with some whipped cream. But you can also just enjoy a slice by itself and it will still taste amazing! It’s all personal preference. 🙂
Save a bowl of this strawberry cobbler to enjoy as a special breakfast the next day too.. yum!
If you are a strawberry loving family like we are, then you need to make this easy strawberry dessert ASAP while strawberries are still ripe and in season. I promise you, it will be a recipe you’ll want to make over and over again! This cobbler recipe with fresh strawberries is easy, incredibly flavorful and really highlights the taste of the strawberries.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
MORE YUMMY DESSERTS TO TRY:
Strawberry Cobbler Recipe – This easy strawberry cobbler recipe is a perfect summertime dessert featuring fresh strawberries topped with a sweet cake-like topping.
- 8 cups strawberries, cleaned and halved
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly spray 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray
- Clean and cut strawberries and add to a large bowl
- Add flour, ¼ cup sugar and vanilla and toss to coat, set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt
- Cut butter into pieces and blend into flour mixture until small crumbles form
- Gradually add milk and stir after each addition until well combined
- Add strawberries to prepared baking dish
- Scoop topping onto strawberries and spread slightly, mixture will be thick but will spread while baking
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whip cream
- Store leftovers in refrigerator
Keywords: strawberry cobbler, fresh strawberry cobbler, easy cobbler recipe, strawberry cobbler recipe, cobbler with fresh strawberries