Thanks to Smithfield Hometown Original Fresh Breakfast Sausage, I can simplify my morning breakfast preparations especially during these hectic holiday mornings! This is a sponsored post, but all views and text are mine.
It’s that time of year! Thanksgiving holiday is over and in our house, Christmas holiday preparations are under way. Have you started decorating for Christmas yet? I usually take one holiday at a time. But this year, I’m getting ready for the holidays early and I absolutely love it!
I love getting my home ready for the holidays and it’s this time of the year when holiday mornings get hectic. So it’s great that I can simplify my breakfast preparations with some of my easy, make-ahead breakfast recipes so that I can spend more time to enjoy my family and less time in the kitchen.
We’ve been loving quiche for breakfast and it has become one of my go-to breakfast recipes. It’s such a versatile dish and still tastes amazing even after it has been frozen and thawed. I love to make more than one batch at a time, so I can have a fresh one on hand, and freeze the second for a breakfast in a pinch!
Another great way to have quiche is to make individual portions by baking them crustless in mini muffin tins. It’s so simple to make these quiches and cooks faster than it would in a pie crust. Not to mention, you can save time in the kitchen because you don’t have to make homemade pie crust, cutting out the crust and pinching it into the muffin pan. And I love that it is healthier too! What’s not to love?
You’ll be surprised how easy to make these Mini Crustless Baby Kale, Sausage and Cheddar Quiches!Print
- 3 Smithfield Hometown Original Breakfast Sausage patties (cooked and chopped into very small pieces)
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup kale, rinsed, removed from stalks and chopped into small chunks
- 1 Tbsp diced green onion
- freshly ground salt and pepper (to taste)
- a pinch of nutmeg (or a couple grinds of fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350?F and spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Cook the 3 Smithfield Hometown Original Breakfast Sausage patties according to package directions. Let it cool and then chop into very small pieces.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine eggs and half and half and whisk together until fully combined. Add in the seasonings, baby kale, cheese and breakfast sausage and stir together well.
- Divide the quiche mixture evenly among the 12 muffin pan holes. Top with more cheese if desired. Bake in the oven 25-30 minutes, until the eggs are set and starting to get golden brown.
- Remove and let cool slightly before removing from pan to cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer in an airtight container until ready to serve. Serve warm.
One of the main ingredients in this quiche recipe is Smithfield Hometown Original Breakfast Sausage. Smithfield’s line of Fresh Breakfast Sausage is made of premium, high-quality pork, and are gluten free and contain no MSG. Add big flavor to any breakfast and brunch dishes with Smithfield’s breakfast sausages! They are available as links, patties, and rolls in an array of flavors including Hometown Original, Hot, Bacon, and Maple. They’re great on their own, added to a flavorful side dish, or worked into a wholesome breakfast dish that can be enjoyed any time of day, just like I did here with these delicious mini quiches!
Sweepstakes: Smithfield Rewards 31 Days of Smithfield Cheer
During the month of December, Smithfield is giving away a prize every day to members signed up for their rewards program, Smithfield Rewards. As part of 31 Days of Smithfield Cheer, there will be daily and weekly prizes as well as a grand prize of $5,000 to pay off holiday debt! All consumers have to do is log-in or create an account, and visit the holiday hub page, to be entered for the chance to win any of the sweepstake prizes, including gift cards, a shopping spree, and night out for the New Year.
Be sure to use the secret word: HIPMAMA when you register before December 31, 2017 and you’ll be entered for a chance to win a trip for four to Beaches All-Inclusive Resort – Jamaica! See Official Rules for more details.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield.