This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DelightfulMoments #SplashOfDelight #CollectiveBias. The recipe article, Chocolate Almond Pancakes, first appeared on HipMamasPlace.com
Don’t you love the changing of the seasons? I love Spring time and it’s here again! The leaves are turning green, the sun is out, the birds are singing… there’s so much to be excited about!
One thing that doesn’t change for me throughout the year though, is my morning routine. I don’t know about you, but the minute I open my eyes and get out of bed in the morning, I get excited about my first cup of coffee. For me, having my morning coffee is beneficial to me. It helps me to relax, ponder on my day’s plan ahead, while enjoying a quiet moment to myself.
If you’re anything like me and your favorite part of waking up is a warm, delicious brew in your cup, then you’ll like the flavors of International Delight® Creamers to make your coffee taste perfect! Our family recently tried three of their yummy coffee creamer flavors: HERSHEY’S® Chocolate Caramel, REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cup and Almond Joy™. Having these yummy coffee creamers in my coffee is like having my favorite candy in my coffee every morning! Now, isn’t this genius? You can enjoy your favorite candy flavors by simply adding these delicious creamers from International Delight® to your daily cup of coffee! Not only that, you can incorporate them in many delicious recipes! (I will be sharing one of my favorite breakfast recipes here in a bit).
But before I talk about my recipe, I want to share with you a nice deal at Walmart when you buy the International Delight® 32 oz. bottles. Since I’m all about saving money, I went to my local Walmart and used my free, money-saving Ibotta app to earn $0.50 on International Delight® Coffee Creamer 32 oz. bottles. Click the photo below if you want to get in on this deal too! The next time you’re at Walmart, be sure to look for the display that includes a tear pad with a recipe and $0.50 coupon valid in April.
If you’ve never had chocolate and almond together in a pancake before, I’ll tell you, if food ingredients have souls, these two are perfect soulmates! I made them with International Delight® Almond Joy™ Creamer and the whole family love these pancakes! Since everyone in this house are huge chocolate fans, these pancakes are always a hit!
These pancakes are sweet and indulgent, so I do save them on mornings when I feel like treating myself and my family. Also these are great for when you’re inviting a few friends over for brunch. They’re a zip to make with most of the ingredients you already have in your pantry. I hope you enjoy these pancakes as much as our family does!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup super fine almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup International Delight® Almond Joy™ coffee creamer
- Sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil*
- Optional toppings: chocolate chips, chocolate syrup
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients and set them aside.
- Beat together the eggs, melted butter or oil, International Delight® Almond Joy coffee creamer and vanilla.
- Whisk into the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Allow the batter to rest for 10 minutes, while you preheat your griddle to medium-high. If you have an electric griddle, set it to 350°F. Grease the griddle.
- Pour about 3 tablespoons batter at a time onto the griddle. Cook the pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes, until their tops are bubbly, their edges look dry, and their bottoms are golden brown.
- Turn the pancakes over and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, until brown.
- Serve pancakes hot, with your favorite toppings: sliced almonds, chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, or honey.
- Yield: 10 to 12 pancakes.
To find more recipe inspiration for delicious, seasonal treats, visit the International Delight® Pinterest page.
So what do you think about these Chocolate Almond Pancakes? Tell me in the comments!