These delicious, tender and juicy Air Fryer Hamburgers are super easy to make and ready in under 15 minutes!
Memorial Day weekend is coming up and that means it is time for a classic burger and BBQ cookout! However, where I live, there is rain in the weekend forecast which doesn’t bode well for grilling outside. So this year, I am going to switch it up a little bit. I am going to make my hamburgers in my air fryer rather than stand in the rain over a hot grill.
I am a huge fan of the air fryer and I use mine constantly. You can make everything in that little machine! You can even make perfect, juicy and delicious air fryer hamburgers in just a matter of minutes! My air fryer hamburger recipe is going to completely change the way you make burgers just in time for Memorial day! No need to worry about the weather now. The best cookout food can actually be made indoors!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Hamburgers
You need the exact same ingredients to make burgers on the grill and hamburgers in the air fryer. I have a specific burger spice blend that my family loves so I stick with this same recipe no matter how I plan to cook my burgers. Here is what I use:
- lean ground beef– I use lean ground beef for a few reasons. It is a healthier choice since it has less fats. It also drips less when cooking, making it a cleaner option for the air fryer.
- salt– You need salt to enhance the taste of the burgers!
- pepper– A little pepper makes the burgers have a little, subtle heat
- paprika– Paprika gives the burgers a little bit of a smokey taste. I especially love this when using the air fryer instead of a grill since it makes the burgers taste as if they were cooked over an open fire.
- garlic powder and onion powder- Garlic powder and onion powder add a little sweetness to the meat along with a nice, zesty taste. I like using powder rather than fresh chopped veggies since it blends into the meat better.
My simple recipe for air fryer hamburgers is tried and true. I have made these hamburgers in the air fryer numerous times and my family and friends always love them. I have given out this recipe to dozens of people and they all say it is the best burger they have ever had. No need to mess with perfection! Stick with this spice blend and you can’t go wrong.
When it comes to burger toppings, I know that everyone has their favorites. I am a bacon and cheese burger king of a girl while my husband loves sliced jalapenos and lettuce on his burger. Have your favorite toppings ready or set out a whole topping bar for your guests. Let everyone customize their own burgers and you can guarantee everyone will be happy.
How to Make Air Fryer Hamburgers
To make my tasty air fryer hamburgers, you first need to grab a large mixing bowl and your air fryer basket. Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees F. Now you are ready to start making burgers!
Here is how it’s done:
1. Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and knead them together with your hands. Your hands really are the best tool to make air fryer hamburger patties since you can really blend the seasonings in well.
2. Once the meat is evenly seasoned, divide it into four large balls. I just separate the meat inside the bowl so I don’t have to dirty another plate.
3. Roll each portion into a ball and then pat it flat with your hands.
4. Place the burger patty in your air fryer basket and repeat with the remaining meat. Be sure the burgers are in a single layer on the tray so that they cook evenly.
6. Cook the burgers for 6 minutes then flip them on the tray and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Air fry the burgers for less time for a medium rare burger or keep them in the oven longer to make a well done burger.
7. Add cheese or warm toppings to the burgers in the last minute of cooking.
8. Serve right away on a nice big burger bun and enjoy while hot!
Now, how easy is that?! You can have delicious hamburgers in just a few minutes without ever needing to fire up the grill or go outside. Perfect burgers can be made right in your kitchen!
Give my air fryer hamburgers a try this Memorial Day weekend! This is a great way to make delicious burger without having to use the grill. No need to worry about the weather or monitor the grill temperature all afternoon when you can just use your air fryer! Aren’t air fryers the best? Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. See our Disclosure Policy for more details.Print
Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- Total Time: 9 minute
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
These tender, juicy and delicious Air Fryer Hamburgers are super easy to make and ready in under 15 minutes!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- red onion
- white onion
- barbecue sauce
- hamburger buns
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef and seasonings until well combined. Don’t over work the meat though, it will become tough.
- Divide beef into 4 equal portions, roll into balls and form into patties
- Preheat Air Fryer to 370 degrees F
- Add patties in a single layer into the basket
- Cook for 6-7 minutes, flip burgers and continue cooking until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, about 3-5 minutes
- Add cheese, if using, and cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings
I absolutely love my air fryer and I cannot wait to make this recipe and impress my husband with it.
This looks amazing, I’m trying it now!
I don’t use my air fryer enough. I’ll have to make my son and I some burgers this week.
I needed one of this burger no oil recipes! Thank you
We just about air-fry everything too! This burger looks absolutely delicious. Not dry at all!
Lovely! Another super easy air fryer recipe super tasty. This is why I love air friyers haha
We are actually making hamburgers today! This read was just what I needed.
It is nice to be able to make hamburgers in the air fryer. Definitely less mess than on the stove!
I’ve never tried preparing hamburgers using my air fryer. Will try this soon!
Air FriedBurgers sounds really good. I need to get myself an Air-fryer. Those burgers just look perfect. The recipe is light and tasty.
I will give this recipe a try. Looks really delicious and easy to make!
Thanks for sharing!
I haven’t tried hamburgers in my air fryer yet but these look so good! 🙂
Wow! That looks like a really perfect and delicious burger! I would really love to try this out!
It’s been a while haven’t had any burgers. This looks so good and now I want to get one haha. Maybe I will make this one. Thank you for sharing!
Nnniiiiccceeee…I must make myself some hamburgers, one day. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
I’ve never thought about air frying hamburgers…until now. Can’t wait to try!
We don’t have an air fryer, but I love making homemade hamburgers on the stove!
I will have to try this recipe. I will use plant-based burgers instead.
What a delicous recipe. I’ve wanted an air fryer for a while but can’t make up my mind about which one to get.
You absolutely can’t beat burgers made in the air fryer. They always come out perfectly, and there’s no spattery mess on the stovetop!