This Unicorn Bath Bombs DIY project is so much fun and easy to make. Make some for yourself and then more to give as gifts!
If you haven’t noticed, everything unicorn is in! In fact, April 9th has even been dubbed National Unicorn Day! Girls young and old are playing into the unicorn trend, and who wouldn’t?! Unicorns are cute, lovable, and magical.
Today, I have a new DIY recipe to share with you that plays into the whole unicorn trend: Unicorn Bath Bombs.
These bath bombs make great gifts for a little girl’s birthday, Mother’s Day gifts, or if you’re anything like me, I just like making them for myself! What’s great, these bath bombs are made with all natural ingredients, so they’re even better for your skin than store-bought bath bombs, which may contain questionable ingredients that may do more harm than good to your skin.
Check out the benefits of some of the ingredients in these bath bombs:
- Epsom Salt: Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate. It is used topically to soothe sore muscles, alleviate tension, and even treat skin conditions like acne.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is a kitchen necessity, but it can also be used to exfoliate your skin. It helps prevent acne, blemishes, and even softens your lips.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is a fat that is touted for its plethora of health benefits. Topically, it helps prevent acne, moisturizes dry skin, and can help with wound healing.
- Corn Starch: Another kitchen aid, corn starch can be used as a DIY soother for irritations of the skin including sunburn and skin allergies.
Of course, essential oils are a great addition as different scents can give you different benefits. For example, grapefruit and orange scents can give you energy and make you feel happy, while peppermint and eucalyptus can open your airways and help you breathe better. Lavender essential oil is calming which promotes sleep. Choose your essential oils wisely.
All these ingredients can be found at local stores such as Walmart or Target or at Amazon. So, grab your ingredients and check out my recipe below!
Unicorn Bath Bombs DIY
2 cups baking soda
1 cup Epsom salt
1 cup corn starch
1 cup citric acid
4 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 tbsp warm water
¾ tsp essential oils ( I used grapefruit and orange about 8-10 drops)
4-8 drops of bath bomb coloring (this is up to you on how light or dark you want the colors to be)
a pinch of body glitter (to make the bath bombs look and feel magical) 🙂
1. In a large bow, mix all dry ingredients together.
2. Once all dry ingredients are mixed together, slowly add all liquid ingredients except the coloring.
3. Divide the mixture into 3 separate bowls.
4. Add 4-8 drops of color into each bowl and mix thoroughly.
5. Tightly pack the mixture into each side of the bath bomb molds then press the two sides together.
6. Let the mixture stay in the molds overnight to set.
7. Lightly tap around the mold with a spoon to very carefully open and remove bath bomb. Finished product will still be somewhat fragile, so be careful.
Not only are DIY bath bombs better for your skin, but they are better for the environment as well. Making your own stuff is definitely a win/win. Try it for yourself and then let me know how you liked the recipe in the comments below!