This easy, delicious, no churn caramel crunch pumpkin ice cream is a perfect dessert for any day- not just during pumpkin season!
If you love all kinds of pumpkin desserts during both fall and winter months, then this ice cream is perfect for you! You’ll fall in love with the flavors, the textures, and how easy it is. Then, make some apple cider, a pumpkin casserole, and pull up some pumpkin trivia. Fall really is the best time of the year.
Best Ice Cream For Thanksgiving
Can you serve ice cream at Thanksgiving? Of course, you can! Vanilla ice cream tastes incredible on top of apple pie.
But this pumpkin ice cream doesn’t need pie with it. Grab a spoon and a bowl – this is about to become your favorite no-bake pumpkin dessert.
Why You’ll Love It
- No-Bake – that means you’ll free up your oven for other desserts
- Make Ahead – store it in the freezer until Thanksgiving
- Rich Flavors – it tastes like pumpkin caramel popcorn
- Kid-Friendly – everyone of all ages love it!
Here’s what I used when I made this tasty no-churn fall ice cream. All of the exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – use full-fat to get the richest flavors
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – this gives is a sweet flavor and creamier texture.
- Pumpkin Puree – use real pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
- Caramel Sauce – use your favorite brand; you can even use sugar-free versions
- Heath Bar – this is to crush on top
- Vanilla Extract – this is what gives the ice cream the rich vanilla flavor
Making my pumpkin ice cream recipe is not hard at all. You don’t even need an ice cream machine or fancy equipment- just a mixer and a bowl! To start making this easy no churn pumpkin ice cream, you will whip heavy cream to stiff peaks. This is how the ice cream gets to be light and fluffy rather than dense and icy. It is all about the air in the whipped cream!
- Mixing Bowls
- Electric or Stand Mixer
- Loaf Pan
Of course, I also had to make my recipe a little more decadent (if it is going to be served on Thanksgiving, it needs to be really over the top!). That is how caramel crunch pumpkin ice cream was born. Sounds like something you need to try? You definitely should! You should probably “test it” a few times before Thanksgiving comes around. 🙂
How To Make It
- Mix the condensed milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla in a large bowl and then fold together with the whipped cream. To be honest, you could stop right there and enjoy this light, pumpkin mix with a big spoon! But we want ice cream! We want caramel! We want more decadence because in the year 2020, we deserve it!
- Spread half of the airy pumpkin mix in a loaf pan and then swirled with caramel sauce. Crushed Heath Bar candies are sprinkled over the mix to give the ice cream that signature crunch. The rest of the pumpkin mix is spread across the top then we need more caramel and a few more crunchies.
- Place the pan into the freezer and chill until it is firm and has the beautiful, cold texture of ice cream. You may need to eat a few scoops to make sure it is perfectly frozen.
Here are some questions people often ask about how to make homemade pumpkin ice cream without an ice cream maker.
Can I use Cool Whip instead of “heavy whipping cream”?
No, this will not produce a creamy ice cream.
Can I make this in a plastic container?
Yes, any airtight container you want to store it in, just remember that when things freeze they expand, make sure you have some room for stretching.
Can I use toffee bits instead of Heath Bar?
Yes, I have a hard time finding toffee candy pieces, so I use a Heath Bar instead.
Can I use a different Caramel Sauce?
Yes, there are different varieties of caramel sauce, I prefer this one in ice cream because it is thicker and has a richer flavor.
How long can I keep this for?
You can keep this ice cream in the freezer in an airtight container for up to one week. It will start not to taste as good after that (this ice cream does not have the preservatives that store-bought ice cream has)
Can I use lower fat dairy products in this recipe?
You can, but I would not recommend it. This ice cream is creamy because of its fat content; if you use low-fat or non-fat ingredients, it would be very dry and crunchy from ice crystals instead of having the creamy ice cream consistency.
Why does my ice cream seem dry?
The fats freeze more solid, if you let the ice cream sit on the counter for 5 -10 minutes before scooping and serving it makes it creamier.
So, how amazing does this caramel pumpkin ice cream sound? While it is a perfect cool treat to match those cool fall nights, it is definitely elaborate enough to serve on Thanksgiving. I know I will be adding pumpkin ice cream to my Thanksgiving table this year. I may even try a scoop of it on top of a big slice of apple pie! Anything to make this fall and this holiday season a little bit better. If we can’t be with all the family and friends that we love, at least we can indulge in amazing pumpkin desserts!
I highly recommend making this delicious pumpkin ice cream today. I know that today isn’t a holiday but shouldn’t you start getting ready now? And besides, you deserve a big bowl of caramel crunch pumpkin ice cream just for getting through 2020!
Let me know how much you love this fall recipe and if it will be gracing your Thanksgiving table.
I hope you enjoy this new pumpkin treat as much as my family and I did!Print
This easy, delicious, no-churn caramel crunch pumpkin ice cream is a perfect dessert for any day- not just during pumpkin season!
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 12 oz jar caramel sauce (you will use 6 oz)
- 2 Heath Bar candy bars, crushed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1) Using a hand mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- 2) In a medium bowl combine sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, pie spice, and vanilla extract. Use a whisk to mix well.
- 3) Add the pumpkin mixture to the whipped cream using a hand mixer on medium speed to combine well and mix completely.
- 4) Pour half of the ice cream mixture into a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Smooth out and make sure it is even.
- 5) Drizzle half of the caramel sauce( ¼ of the jar) over the ice cream and then use a knife to swirl it gently into the ice cream. Top with one crushed candy bar.
- 6) Pour the second half of the ice cream mixture on top and follow instructions for caramel and candy bar again.
- 7) Cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
Enjoy this with additional caramel and toffee candy bars, it is especially good as a topping for your favorite blondie brownie or with sugar cookies on top.
Keywords: pumpkin ice cream, no-bake pumpkin dessert
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!