“Pumpkin spice and everything nice” are literally in this pumpkin s’mores cheesecake bars recipe! These creamy, light pumpkin cheesecake bars are topped with all your favorite s’mores ingredients – my family’s new favorite fall dessert!
Do you feel that slight chill in the air? It is subtle, but it’s there! The seasons are slowly changing and fall is finally on the way. Fall is one of my favorite times of year. The colorful changing leaves, the beautiful crisp weather and, of course, pumpkin spice everything.
It’s true that I can never get enough pumpkin spice. Are you a pumpkin spice lover too? If you are, then you are going to go crazy for these incredible pumpkin s’mores cheesecake bars. They are like your favorite pumpkin pie recipe and s’mores treat rolled into one incredible dessert. They are the perfect dessert to say goodbye to summer campfires and hello to everything pumpkin. I promise that you will fall in love with this perfect pumpkin cheesecake bars recipe!
We love our Caramel Crunch Pumpkin Ice Cream and the Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars in the fall too and these yummy pumpkin cheesecake bars are definitely a fresh, new addition to our top favorite fall desserts!
Ingredients for Pumpkin S’mores Cheesecake Bars
If you have left over s’mores ingredients from the summer, making pumpkin s’mores cheesecake bars is a great way to use them up. Here is a quick look at the ingredients you will need to make this tasty dessert:
For the Crust: Graham crackers, sugar, pumpkin spice, butter
For the Filling: cream cheese, brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree, heavy cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg
For the Crumble/Topping: Graham crackers, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, chocolate chunks, mini marshmallows, marshmallow cream
I bet you already have a lot of these ingredients in your pantry. Now is also a great time to stock up on pumpkin puree. It tends to sell out in our local grocery store once fall arrives. I like to have a few cans on hand, ready to use whenever a pumpkin craving hits! Especially the craving for this pumpkin cheesecake bars recipe.
How to Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
There are three main steps to make the perfect pumpkin cheesecake bars recipe. First, you make the graham cracker crust, then the pumpkin cheesecake filling and then the s’mores crumble topping. When the recipe is broken down into parts, you will see that these bars are actually quite easy!
1. Make the Graham cracker crust- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, pumpkin spice and butter in a bowl. Press the crust into the bottom of an 8×8 inch pan then bake until it is golden brown.
2. Make the pumpkin cheesecake filling- beat the cream cheese and brown sugar. Add the eggs, pumpkin puree, heavy cream, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Pour the pumpkin cheesecake over the graham cracker crust and bake for 45 minutes.
4. Make the s’mores crumble topping- Mix the broken graham cracker pieces, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, chocolate chunks and mini marshmallows together.
5. Sprinkle the topping over the cooked pumpkin cheesecake and then bake for about 10 more minutes to toast the marshmallows.
6. Cool the pumpkin s’mores cheesecake bars in the fridge and then enjoy!
There may be a long ingredient list to this recipe but the steps are actually quite simple. You are probably going to make these bars a lot this fall (I know I will be!) and they will get easier and easier to put together!
Tips and Tricks for Making Pumpkin S’mores Cheesecake Bars
Even though fall is just beginning, I have already made pumpkin s’mores cheesecake bars a few times. I wanted to perfect the recipe before I shared it with you and I also just wanted to eat a few more… I just can’t resist!
Here are a few tricks and tips that I have found to help make these pumpkin cheesecake bars recipe truly perfect.
- Eat with a fork – The filling of these pumpkin cheesecake bars is soft and very cheesecake-like. Since the cheesecake layer is very thick, it is best to eat the bars on a plate with a fork.
- Make the bars thinner – If you want a pumpkin s’mores cheesecake bar that you can pick up and eat with your hands, double the crust and the crumble topping portion of the recipe. Spread the crust across a 9×13 pan and then make the pumpkin cheesecake layer thinner. The bars will bake a little faster but, once chilled, you can eat them with you hands, more like a bar.
- Use the marshmallow cream – Drizzling marshmallow cream over the pumpkin bars takes them from looking like a homemade dessert to a fancy, bakery-worthy treat. Marshmallow cream also just tastes great and adds another flavor and texture to the bars.
- Use cinnamon graham crackers – Cinnamon graham crackers will add a little more fall-flavor to the recipe. Honey graham crackers will also taste great.
- Make the bars and then eat them soon – The graham cracker crust can get soggy if it sits for more than a day or two. I have found that the bars taste best when eaten soon after they bake.
- Watch the marshmallows – Marshmallows tend to burn quickly in the oven. If you ever made s’mores in the oven, then you know this is true! Keep an eye on the topping as it bakes to make sure your marshmallows are a perfect golden brown.
Follow these tips and you are sure to bake a perfect, pumpkin pie bar recipe that will kick off your fall season in the best way!
It is never too soon to start making pumpkin spice desserts. I wish pumpkin season could last forever! But I also get sad saying goodbye to my favorite s’mores recipe and also goodbye to summer.
Give these pumpkin s’mores cheesecake bars a try and let me know what you think. They are the perfect blend of summer and fall so now is the best time to make them. Enjoy! 🙂Print
Pumpkin S’mores Cheesecake Bars
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Yield: 9 servings
“Pumpkin spice and everything nice” are literally in this pumpkin s’mores cheesecake bars recipe! You’ll fall in love with these creamy, light pumpkin cheesecake bars topped with all your favorite s’mores ingredients!
For the Crust:
1 ½ cups crushed graham crackers
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
¼ cup butter, melted
For the Filling:
8 oz. Cream cheese, softened
½ cup brown sugar
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
For the Crumble:
½ cup graham crackers, broken into small pieces
1/3 cup brown sugar
¼ cup flour
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup chocolate chunks (you can use chocolate chips as well)
1 cup mini marshmallows
Marshmallow cream (optional to drizzle)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8”x8” pan with parchment paper and set aside. 2. Prepare the crust: In a bowl mix together graham crackers, sugar, pumpkin spice, and melted butter until combined.
- Press crust in the 8”x8” pan. Bake crust in the pre-heated oven for 8 minutes. 4. Prepare the filling: In a large bowl mix together, with an electric mixer, cream cheese and brown sugar for 30-seconds. On low speed slowly add in eggs, pumpkin puree, heavy cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix until creamy.
- Pour filling on top of the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Prepare the crumble: Mix together broken graham crackers, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, chocolate chunks, and mini marshmallows.
- Sprinkle crumble over pumpkin bars and bake for another 10 minutes. * Watch to make sure marshmallows do not burn*
- Remove bars from oven and let cool to room temperature. Cool in the refrigerator for 3 hours before serving.
Keywords: cheesecake bars, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin s'mores cheesecakee, pumpkin cheesecake bars, pumpkin dessert, pumpkin pie bar, s'mores dessert
Oh wow these look so decadent and delicious and a really fun way to celebrate autumn and Halloween – I may try make them for my kids, I know they would love them
This is a combination of so many of my favorite foods – pumpkin, cheesecake, and smores! I will have to make these.
It looks so yummy and delicious. I will like to try this recipe sometime
These look like absolutely delicious dessert bars! Love the chocolate pumpkin combination. Perfect even for Thanksgiving. I don’t think every dessert has to be traditional, especially when you have kids.
I love pumpkin and I love s’mores, something tells me if I made these, they would not last long in my house at all!
This looks yummy and loves to try seasonal recipes and snacks. Would be the perfect snack in this spooky and pumpkin month.
I love pumpkin very much, saved this recipe as I’m gonna bake this bar to enjoy too. Cheers Siennylovesdrawing
Looks like the perfect recipe to bake with kids over next week’s half term break. These s’mores cheesecake bars look delish!
WOW, these look amazing and I must try to make them.
Those look amazing! Hadn’t ever thought of combining the tastes and textures of cheesecake and pumpkin. But now that you suggested, it seems brilliant.
I love it! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I will try to make this.
You’re good at Food Photography as well. BTW, your recipes are truly great. I wanna taste those cheesecakes of yours.
These look absolutely delicious and will be a huge hit i my home! I am pinning this one to my Pinterest board to make sometime next week 🙂
My palette has changed and I love pumpkin now so these have me absolutely drooling! I hope mine turn out as delicious as yours look!!
I love unusual recipes and this treat is definitely a unique combination. I’ll try it out as soon as I have time.
I love how pumpkin becomes the star of the show in October in America 🙂 So many yummy dishes to make.
All the toppings on top make this amazing! I’m a fan of anything cheesecake and anything pumpkin, so combining the two is perfect.
I love smores. I love pumpkin. I never thought of combining the two flavors, but it looks incredible.
This looks so good and delicious. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
Oh man these sound so good! Such a fun fall treat to make. I bet my kids would LOVE them!
Ahh this seems like a good Halloween treat. Both kids and adults will surely enjoy this pumpkin pastry recipe. Pumpkin and smores seems like a great combo to me
Thank you so much for sharing
This is my two favorite flavors combined into a perfect dessert. YUM.
This is my two favorite flavors combined into a perfect dessert. YUM.
I can’t wait to try these. I bet they are so good.
These look so amazing. I love both the flavor of pumpkin and smores. I’m sure these are delicious.
Those are the perfect fall treat! I love s’mores, and pumpkin is always a great fall flavor!
I would never think to put pumpkin with smores stuff but these look incredible!
BOOYAH! I need these in my life. Like all of them. I won’t share at all. Those look amazing.
OMG this looks delicious! It has a little something for all my family in one bite. My children loves s’mores, I love pumpkin and my husband loves cheesecake, lol. This is dangerous!
I am going to make this for Thanksgiving. It looks incredible and I am not a huge pumpkin fan.
These sound so rich and delicious. What a perfect recipe for fall, bringing together two great fall flavor profiles.
What a great way to use the pumpkin. Perfect for Fall!
I want to try Pumpkin S’mores Cheesecake Bars. It looks so yummy! Can’t wait to make your recipe on Sunday.
Pumpkin Smores cheesecake bars looks delicious. I need to try it.
Love this decadent fall indulging dessert. Saving this recipe!
Yum! The Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars is really a yummy treat! They look soooo mouthwatering.
Oh so yummy! These pumpkin cheesecake bars look absolutely inviting 😍 I’ll have to make these someday soon!
This dessert is the best way to end a beautiful three course meal
I need to make this! We love smores and we love pumpkin! Think my girls would love this!
Omg these look so good! I want to try them!
I just made my girls their 1st ever s’more last night! They LOVED them! I’ll make these for them to try next!
These look hands down amazing. I can not wait to try them out. PUMPKIN season is here people…
I am so excited to make these- they look amazing. It’s always so much fun to incorporate seasonal recipes.
You had me at Pumpkin! These S’mores Cheesecake Bars look delicious and so easy to make.
The combination is so mouthwatering. I’ll definitely try this.
I have pinned this and can’t wait to try it as fall approaches. Looks amazingly delicious.
Oh wow these look amazing and the perfect treat for upcoming pumpkin season. Will have to try making these with my daughter as she loves Smores!
It sure looks like it is pumpkin spice season again. I love all these new recipes and will definitely be trying out yours too. My kids would go nuts over these cheesecake bars.
These look so amazing. I love just about anything with pumpkin. I’m looking forward to trying these.
Pumpkin, chocolate, marshmallows- I don’t see any ingredient here that I don’t like. Sounds like an amazing indulgence food.
You should have called these Everything but the Kitchen Sink bars. They look seriously awesome!
It is almost pumpkin time. I am growing pumpkins in my yard. These sure do look delicious.
I can’t wait to try this. I just love pumpkin treats and this looks incredible.