You’ll love the irresistible flavors in these Baked Ham and Cheese Sliders with Palmetto Cheese featuring the rich taste of baked ham, the creamy tang of Palmetto Cheese, and the sweetness of Hawaiian rolls, resulting in a perfect blend of savory and sweet. Dive into these delicious sliders, where every bite is a delightful mix of textures and flavors – a must-try for your next gathering!
This post is sponsored by Palmetto Cheese. All views and texts are my own.
Hey there, my lovely readers! I’m back with a recipe that is quickly becoming a favorite in my household. I’ve adapted this scrumptious Baked Ham and Palmetto Cheese Sliders recipe from Palmetto Cheese, and let me tell you, it’s a game-changer. Whether hosting a family gathering, enjoying a cozy night in, or needing a tasty snack, these sliders are perfect for any occasion.
About Palmetto Cheese – Homestyle Pimento Cheese
Before I tell you all about my recipe for these super tasty sliders, I wanted to talk about the star ingredient of this recipe: Palmetto Cheese!
The recipe of the perfect pimento cheese was born in the Lowcountry of South Carolina, and originated in Pawleys Island, South Carolina at the historic Sea View Inn. Pawleys is known for its shoeless, laid-back lifestyle which includes crabbing in the marsh, fishing, rope hammocks, and unspoiled beaches and waterways. It is there that Palmetto Cheese was featured as an appetizer each week during the summer low country shrimp boils. Needless to say, it was a guest favorite.
Palmetto Cheese was first introduced in local market outlets in Pawleys Island and Georgetown, SC in 2006. During visits to the Lowcountry, tourists would purchase Palmetto Cheese to take home and share with family and friends. The brand has grow from a few local retailers to over 10,000 locations and has become the #1 cheese spread in America (Nielsen 2022).
So, I was so thrilled to partner with Palmetto Cheese to bring you this sumptuous sliders recipe!
With the arrival of fall, our family finds even more reasons to enjoy Palmetto Cheese. Whether we’re scooping it straight from the tub on chilly evenings, spreading it on crackers for a cozy movie night, or adding a cheesy twist to grilled sandwiches after a day of leaf-peeping, it’s our autumnal comfort food. It makes our fall BBQs special, topping burgers and hot dogs with its creamy, tangy goodness.
So, if you love the taste and texture of homemade pimento cheese, choose the Palmetto Cheese brand. They use Wisconsin sharp cheddar cheese as their main ingredient, and you’ll also love to know that they’re low-carb and gluten-free!
Palmetto Cheese comes in four varieties: Original (most popular), Jalapeno, Bacon, and Pepper Jack (their spiciest version), and are now available in most local grocery stores. Go here to locate a store near you that carries Palmetto Cheese. You can also print a coupon to save $1 on your next purchase of Palmetto Cheese!
What You’ll Need to Make Baked Ham and Palmetto Cheese Sliders
Ready to get started on these delicious sliders? Here’s a quick list of what you’ll need:
- King’s Hawaiian Rolls: Sweet, soft rolls that form the perfect base.
- Thinly Sliced Cooked Deli Ham: Adds savory, meaty flavor.
- Palmetto Cheese: The star of the show! Creamy, savory pimento cheese spread for a burst of flavor.
- Dijon Mustard: Adds a tangy depth to our glaze.
- Honey: Sweetens the glaze for a balanced flavor.
- Dried Parsley, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder: Enhances the glaze with aromatic flavors.
- Large Serrated Knife: For slicing the rolls.
- Sheet Pan: To bake the sliders.
- Small Mixing Bowl: For preparing the glaze.
- Pastry Brush: To evenly apply the glaze.
- Cheese Spreader: For smooth cheese application.
- Aluminum Foil: For covering the sliders while baking.
How to Make Baked Ham and Palmetto Cheese Sliders
Ready to dive into making these delicious Baked Ham and Palmetto Cheese Sliders? Just follow these easy steps, and you’ll have a tasty treat in no time!
1. Prepare the Rolls: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a sheet pan. Without separating the rolls, slice the entire package in half horizontally to create a top and bottom layer using a large serrated knife.
2. Assemble the Sliders: Place the bottom half of the rolls on the sheet pan. Layer the ham evenly over them.
Spread the Palmetto Cheese evenly on top of the ham.
Finish by placing the top halves of the rolls on top.
3. Add Glaze: In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, parsley, onion powder, and garlic powder.
Brush this mixture over the tops of the rolls. Then, cover the pan with foil.
4. Bake the Sliders: Bake the covered sliders in the oven for 12 minutes. Afterward, remove the foil and continue baking for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the sliders are heated.
5. Serve: If you’d like, insert a toothpick or skewer into each slider for easy serving. Cut the sliders apart with a knife, and they’re ready to enjoy!
When I Love to Serve Them:
In my house, these Baked Ham and Palmetto Cheese Sliders are a go-to for various occasions. Here are some of my favorite times to serve these delightful little sandwiches that always bring smiles.
- During Game Nights: They’re the perfect finger food to munch while cheering for our favorite teams.
- For Brunch: Move over, eggs Benedict! These sliders are fantastic for a laid-back Sunday brunch.
- At Movie Nights: They’re a fun and filling alternative to the usual popcorn.
- For Holiday Celebrations: I’ve served these at Easter, Christmas, you name it – they’re always a hit.
- At Potlucks: Easy to make and take, these sliders never fail to impress.
Tips and Tricks + How to Store Baked Ham and Palmetto Cheese Sliders
Making these sliders is as fun as it is easy, but here are a few tips and tricks to ensure they turn out perfectly every time. Plus, you’ll know how to keep them fresh for later enjoyment!
- Even Cheese Distribution: When spreading the Palmetto Cheese, aim for an even layer to ensure each slider tastes delightful.
- Don’t Over-Bake: Keep an eye on the oven. Overbaking can dry out the rolls, so once the cheese is melted and the tops are golden, they’re ready to come out.
- Serving Tip: If you’re serving these at a party, the toothpick or skewer makes them easier to handle and adds a nice touch for presentation.
- Customize Your Flavors: Feel free to add or swap ingredients based on your preferences. Consider adding a slice of tomato or a leaf of lettuce for an extra layer of flavor and texture.
- Refrigerating: If you have leftovers, they can be stored in the refrigerator. Just make sure they’re in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in aluminum foil. They should last for up to 3 days.
- Reheating: Place them in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes or until heated. You can also microwave them for a quick reheat, but the rolls might not retain their crispiness.
- Freezing: While these sliders are best enjoyed fresh, you can freeze them. Wrap each slider individually in foil and place them in a freezer-safe bag. They can be frozen for up to a month. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then warm in the oven.
So there you have it, friends – my Baked Ham and Palmetto Cheese Sliders recipe that’s close to my heart. They’re simple, they’re scrumptious, and they’re perfect for sharing. I can’t wait to hear how these sliders become a part of your special moments, too!
Remember to use only the Palmetto Cheese brand for the best and most authentic pimento cheese flavor! Happy cooking and even happier eating!Print
Savor the irresistible flavors of Baked Ham and Cheese Sliders with Palmetto Cheese featuring the rich taste of baked ham, the creamy tang of Palmetto Cheese, and the sweetness of Hawaiian rolls, resulting in a perfect blend of savory and sweet. Dive into these delicious sliders, where every bite is a delightful mix of textures and flavors – a must-try for your next gathering!
2 (12-count) package King’s Hawaiian Rolls
2 (11-ounce) container Palmetto Cheese
1 pound thinly sliced cooked deli ham
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Spray a sheet pan with oil spray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a large serrated knife, slice the entire two packs of rolls in halves horizontally (as you would a bagel) to separate the tops from the bottoms.
- Lay the bottom halves of the rolls on the prepared sheet pan.
- Cover the rolls with an even layer of ham, then spread the Palmetto Cheese evenly over the ham.
- Finish by placing the top halves of the rolls on top.
- In a small bowl, mix together mustard, honey, parsley, onion powder, and garlic powder. Use a pastry brush to apply this mixture over the tops of the rolls.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake the sandwiches in the preheated oven for 12 minutes with the foil on.
- Afterward, remove the foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sandwiches are heated through.
- Optionally, you can insert a toothpick or skewer into each sandwich for easy serving.
- Finally, cut the sandwiches apart, and they’re ready to enjoy!
- You can also use the 20 oz tub of Palmetto Cheese for both the 12 count of King’s Hawaiian rolls
- If using two 11 oz tubs like I did, you can use one tub each to spread on each of the 12 count of King’s Hawaiian rolls