This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FreeandCleanLiving #CollectiveBias
We all love the warmer temperatures and some sunshine back in our lives now that Spring is in the air. But that also means the dreaded Spring cleaning must begin! But don’t panic! I’m here to help you with some really easy (and affordable!) tips and tricks to help you tackle that cleaning to-do list. If you don’t have time for a big spring clean (or just can’t be bothered to do it!) then you can look for a cleaning company in cambridge that can give your house a little spruce up! Whether you’re doing it yourself or have hired help, here are my top tips for when it comes to spring cleaning:
1. The kitchen. I usually start my Spring cleaning in the kitchen. My first tip is to not let the whole house overwhelm you and focus on just one or two tasks per day. For example, start in your kitchen (where if you’re anything like me, you love your kitchen and you spend a lot of time there). Pull everything out of your fridge and toss out all of the leftovers and expired items. Wipe down the shelves and hit the freezer too.
2. Windows and window treatments. Windows need a good cleaning more often than not and now that it is Spring they will need it a bit more because of the pollen in the air. Pick a day and focus on the windows. For the best clean and streak free result, use a combination of white vinegar and water along with crumpled up newspapers. If you can remove your window treatments, take everything down and start washing. With mini or vertical blinds, use dryer sheets to wipe the dust from them. If they are really dirty, take them down and give them a bath in the tub.
3. Furniture. Our furniture gets so much wear and tear having boys in the house, so a great trick is to use rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle and spot clean any fabrics in your home. Use a damp cloth after it sits for a little while and it should help remove stains.
4. The bedrooms. First, I strip the bed of sheets, pillowcases, comforter and mattress cover and start a load of laundry while I do my cleaning. Next, I tackle the walls, windows and baseboards. I use a microfiber cloth and warm, soapy water to wipe the walls, window sills and baseboards and a glass cleaner to polish the window glass. Lastly, I vacuum the floor and to freshen up my carpets, I sprinkle them with some baking soda and let it sit for a few minutes. Then, I vacuum the rug twice (once in each direction) to deep clean into the pile of the carpets. If my pets have had an accident, I’ll use the best pet stain remover to make sure it doesn’t stain the carpet and to ensure it doesn’t smell too! I like to keep my carpet clean and fresh at all times. I found quite a lot of items that aren’t used regularly when I last cleaned the bedrooms so I considered taking them to some Secure self storage solutions sydney. Doing this would meant there’s less clutter in the house, so I probably should sort the storage soon!
5. The basement. We love hanging out in our basement a lot because this is where we have our biggest tv in the house to watch our movies. Our basement is on the top of my list of places to clean all the time, not just when I do my Spring cleaning. But also, just outside the bathroom of our basement is where we place our cat Oscar’s litter box. We love our cat, but what I don’t love is our home smelling like cat.
My husband and I have tried many cat litters, but the new Purina® CATS® Free & Clean™ Unscented Clumping Litter won us over. We don’t want to smell the litter box, but we also don’t want to overwhelm Oscar’s nose with harsh fragrances. So we love that this cat litter is unscented, free from dyes and perfumes and has activated-charcoal that absorbs odors. Plus, the TidyLock® Protection locks away odors! It’s also 99.9% dust-free, holds up and forms tight clumps that make cleaning up the litter pan so easy!
You can get the Purina® Tidy Cats® Free & Clean Unscented Clumping Litter in many other stores, but since I love shopping at Target for Oscar’s needs, I buy mine there.
I love shopping for Oscar’s needs at Target and the prices are always reasonable. As you can see, I got a few other things I needed for Oscar at my last shopping: a new mat, a litter pan and a few new toys.
6. Bathrooms are my least favorite places to scrub, but I do have a super trick for you to try. This is especially a good one if you have hard water stains around your toilet. I pour about a cup of vinegar into the toilet bowl and swish it around with a toilet brush and I let it sit for about a minute. Then add about a cup of baking soda to the toilet bowl and follow it by adding another cup or two of vinegar. There will be a fizzing action, allow it to work for about 10 minutes. Then with a toilet brush, spread the solution around the toilet bowl where the stains are. Don’t flush the toilet while you do this. Let the vinegar and soda solution sit a while. Then, try scrubbing away any remaining stains, then flush. Voila! You should have a super clean and stain-free toilet bowl now!
7. Floors. Now it is time for some cardio, so get out your vacuum and get moving. Move furniture, get the baseboards, and behind the fridge too because dust bunnies can affect the coils and cause a problem if they build up. If you have hardwood floors, do what you do and get those completely cleaned as well. Again, this doesn’t have to be done all in one day, but a tip is to pick a day when no one is home, especially the kids, so your floors will floors will look clean for more than 5 minutes.
8. Pet hair and dust. I love a good lint roller to not only remove lint from my clothing, but for pet hair and dust too. Use a lint roller on your sofas, small rugs, and even to remove dust from lampshades. (dryer sheets work too!) My throw pillows often become a bed for my cat, so use it on them too.
9. Did you know you can use your dishwasher for more than dishes? Yes! I love that I can throw my plastic pet toys, kitchen sponges and brushes, and even my kids small toys that are waterproof. Just run the machine on a normal cycle and your items will come out clean and ready to use again.
I love Spring so much and even though I love cleaning our house and I look forward to Spring cleaning every year, I know that it can still get overwhelming. With these easy and helpful tips and tricks, my life is a little bit easier any time I have to clean my home.
And the next time you are at Target and you need a really good cat litter, check out the Pet Care section and grab the Purina Tidy Cats Free & Clean Unscented Clumping Litter!