I’m excited about doing the rest of my Christmas shopping this year. Why? I found a way to shop for gifts for my family and friends while giving back to my favorite charities!
I recently signed up for GiveBack.org – a public charity that allows me to create my own charitable foundation for free and helps me give back to my chosen charities by donating or shopping at stores I already shop at!
What is Giveback and how does it work?
I’m sure this is not the first time you heard about a program that allows you to give to a charity when you shop. But GiveBack is different.
With GiveBack, you have full control of your own charitable giving where you can choose to make tax-deductible donations to your charities in any amount at any time, manage the charities you support and earn rewards for your charities by shopping at participating merchants on GiveBack.
It’s such a great feeling that I can shop for the things I need at the stores I already shop frequently- such as Gap, Old Navy, The Children’s Place and Kohl’s- while I help charities that are dear to my heart. Every time I shop, a percentage of my purchase is returned to me as a reward that will then be added to my chosen foundation or charity. And depending on the merchant, each eligible purchase I make earns my foundation 1% to 30% of my total purchase! Now, how wonderful is that?
Here is a short video that I encourage you all should watch, to better understand how Giveback works:
Thanks to Serena Williams, Steve Nash and Mission Skin Care’s support of GiveBack.org, anyone who signs up on Giveback can earn a $5.00 for their foundation. II’m also glad that the charities I want to support are listed on there and I can give tax-deductible gifts to my foundation account anytime I want, whenever I’m ready to give. And the ‘shopping while giving back’ idea- that’s what I love most about it!
So here are a few important points I learned about Giveback that I want to share to you all and why I think Giveback is such a helpful tool to organize and manage your charitable gift-giving:
– Giveback is a one-stop site to manage all of your charitable gift giving that you can easily manage and keep track on
– There are over 400 retailers on Giveback that lets you earn money for your chosen foundation just by shopping through those merchants. You can do this while you’re logged on to your own account on Giveback.org
– 100% of the money you donate to your chosen charities goes to support those charities. There is no charge to you or to the charities with using Giveback
– When you open an account at GiveBack, you’re becoming part of the GiveBack Foundation, a public charity that is registered with the IRS. Your account becomes your own personal foundation. You can accumulate dollars over time and when you’re ready, give the money away to one charity or many.
– You will get one single tax form from Giveback that will record all of your charitable giving for the year so you don’t have to keep track of every single donation you make
– You can give to any charity registered with the IRS
So this holiday season, why not start supporting your favorite causes and charities through Giveback? It’s totally free!
Hip Mama’s Place Disclosure: “My reviews and opinions are 100% my own. This post is part of my participation with the Giveback project through One2One Network. I was in no way influenced by One2One Network, Giveback or any other party while writing this review”.
About the Author: Jocelyn Cañasa-Brown is a working mom of two boys and is a recognized blogger and mom influencer in the Washington, DC area. In her spare time, she designs and creates her own handmade jewelry, maintains her jewelry store on Etsy and is an active moms group organizer and leader both online and offline. Hip Mama’s Place was nominated for Parents’ Picks 2010 Best Parenting Blogs and named one of the Highest Rated Blogs and Sites on Nickelodeon ParentsConnect for the Washington, DC area. Follow Jocelyn on Twitter and/or Facebook.