With this new reading initiative, Scholastic hopes to encourage conversations in classrooms, at home and online so teachers, parents and children can share ideas and advice about simple ways to incorporate more reading busy lives.
Top 5 Reading Tips for Parents with Children at Any Age:
- Reading Resources & Tips: Practical ideas and advice for parents and teachers to incorporate more reading into kids’ lives. (Resources here, video tips here).
- Free eBook: A collection of stories about the power of reading. Available for download in EPUB, PRC and PDF formats.
- Research Compendium: Stats and context to support the importance of reading for pleasure.
- #SharePossible: Search for the hashtag on social media to find more tips!
- New Video: Features poetry written by Scholastic Art & Writing Awards winner Sojourner Ahebee and read aloud by actress Sarah Jessica Parker – check it out for inspiration here.
- Webcast featuring Usher: Global musician Usher will be broadcast in a live webcast to inspire kids to read. Anyone can register to watch live on Nov. 6 here.
Don’t miss out on the latest fab deals, cool freebies, fun giveaways, delicious recipes, DIY inspirations and more! Subscribe to the Hip Mama’s Place email newsletter, Hip Mama’s Place feed reader, or simply “Like” Hip Mama’s Place on Facebook and/or follow Hip Mama’s Place on Twitter!
About the Author: Jocelyn Cañasa-Brown is a working mom of two boys and is a recognized blogger and mom influencer in the Washington, DC area. In her spare time, she designs and creates her own handmade jewelry, maintains her jewelry store on Etsy and is an active moms group organizer and leader both online and offline. Hip Mama’s Place was nominated for Parents 2011 Best All-Around Mom Blog and named one of the Highest Rated Blogs and Sites on Nickelodeon ParentsConnect for the Washington, DC area. Follow Jocelyn on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.