This post was sponsored by Oral-B. All views and opinions are my own.
I have always been a big believer in focusing on dental health. You want your teeth to be as healthy and clean as possible so you can feel confident when you flash that winning smile! That is why I am super excited about today’s post which is all about Oral-B, one of my all-time favorite dental brands. I was especially excited to team up with Oral-B and try their new iO electric toothbrush.
Years ago, I gave electric toothbrushes a try. I must admit that I was not a huge fan. I switched back to using a traditional toothbrush and have been manually brushing my teeth ever since. However, all that spinning and twirling of electric toothbrushes just make teeth cleaner than just regular brushing. So, I was thrilled to receive my new Oral-B iO electric toothbrush to try!
So, you may be wondering what is different about the new Oral-B iO toothbrush? Why is it so much better than any other electric toothbrush on the market?
Here are 10 quick reasons:
- The iO toothbrush was designed using input from thousands of consumers around the world and was researched and developed for 6 years!
- When compared to manual toothbrushes, iO toothbrush users had 100% healthier gums in just one week with six times more plaque removed.
- 83% of patients had healthier gums after 8 weeks of using the iO brush.
- The Oral-B iO power brush is also just super pretty with a variety of premium colors and customizable lights too.
- The brush display greets YOU personally and gives instant feedback on your brushing performance.
- You can choose the level of “smartness” that you want your brush to have.
- The linear magnetic drive system puts more energy into the bristle tips, creates micro vibrations that clean in a precise way and has higher rotation frequency aka more brushing per second.
- The smart pressure sensor automatically adjusts when you are pushing the brush too hard.
- The bristles of the iO are longer, thinner and twisted to help you get those hard to reach areas.
- The 16 degree angle is better fitted to the curvature of teeth and brush more of each tooth in one swoop.
Now get ready for one of the coolest features of the iO brush- the app. How many toothbrushes out there have an app?! The app follows your two minute brushing session and gives you a brush summary, showing you how well you brushed each time.
Oral-B and Dr. Bill Dorfman, a celebrity cosmetic and general dentist, have a few extra brushing tips to get that perfect smile:
- Use the best tools- An electric toothbrush (like the Oral-B iO) is best! They are far more effective than regular manual toothbrushes.
- Make it a daily routine, times two- You need to be sure you brush twice a day (at least).
- Be through, yet gentle- Brushing too hard can cause damage to your gums. The right pressure will make for the best possible brush, a balance of clean and gentle.
- Combat contamination- Never share a toothbrush, let your brush air dry between uses and replace the brush head when needed.
- Go beyond brushing- Flossing and visiting a dentist regularly is important!
These are essential tips and none of them are hard to do, especially when you have the right tools. Step number one: get the Oral-B iO power brush- check!
Oral-B not only makes a killer toothbrush but they are also a brand with a plan. Covid-19 has had a negative impact on the lives of many but that doesn’t mean dental hygiene should be pushed aside. Oral-B recently teamed up with dental professionals across all 50 states to find patients who were negatively affected by COVID-19. They gave away 200 iO power brushes to deserving teachers, front line workers and others who continuously sacrifice to keep us all safe. Now, how amazing is that?!
I’m also glad to have had a chance to have a Zoom chat with Kimberly Snyder, a dental provider in the Baltimore area who teamed up with Oral-B to give away iO toothbrushes to her patients who are essential workers: teachers, hospital nurses and other hospital workers. She also gave some quick tips for keeping your oral health in top shape.
Here were my favorite takeaways from my conversation with Kimberly:
- Brush AND floss. Twice a day and always at night before bed.
- COVID may have changed your eating habits, bringing in more comfort foods and stress eating (this sounds especially familiar!). Be mindful of what you eat because dental health is connected to whole body health.
- Electric toothbrushes are a must!
- Soft bristles with lighter pressure are best. Don’t kung-fu grip your toothbrush!
The Oral-B iO toothbrush is bringing in a new era of brushing technology, giving both effectiveness and a great user experience. Between the micro-vibrations of the bristles to the tooth-by-tooth cleaning of the oscillating brush head, it seriously is the best at-home cleaning my teeth have ever received. I truly felt like I just left the dentist after just one use. Yes, that professional clean feeling at home!
So.. if you’re anything like me and have been brushing away manually for the past few years, it is time for both of us to change our ways. After using the Oral-B iO power brush every day now since I received it, I really am smiling more!
So, what are you waiting on? Head over to OralB.com and pick your own iO toothbrush! It will be the best $199 you spend all year, I guarantee it! It’s time to invest in your dental health, in your smile and in yourself.
You Might Also Like…