In partnership with renowned Chef, Art Smith, the makers of Hidden Valley® Salad Dressings want to identify, help and reward moms who are true vegetable advocates through the Love Your Veggies™ Search for Veggie Champions Contest.
For 10 lucky moms, Chef Smith will lead a two-day retreat aimed at learning and sharing tips and tools on planting, harvesting, cooking and eating vegetables with children. These moms will also receive $5,000 to start or maintain a community vegetable garden in their hometown.
*How to Enter:
Parents can enter the Love Your Veggies™ Search for Veggie Champions Contest by completing and submitting an official entry form at www.LoveYourVeggies.com between October 30 and January 15.
Ten (10) grand-prize winners will be chosen by careful selection from all entries received. Judges will select parents who best demonstrate a commitment to eating well for themselves, their family and their community and interest in learning to engage kids in ways that increase vegetable consumption.
Winners will get a respite from their busy schedules to enjoy an all-expense-paid trip to one of the country’s premier cities — Chicago.
The prize package includes:
* Two days of fun and educational classes, field trips, cooking demonstrations and tastings with some of America’s most notable food and nutrition experts. Workshops to include: vegetable gardening with children, grocery shopping for the healthy child and vegetable selection and meal preparation with little helpers.
* Personal instruction from Chef Smith, who brings a personal commitment to helping children find an appreciation of healthy foods through his work with Common Threads, a non-profit he established in 2003, as well as the release of his third cookbook, Back to the Family.
* Round trip airfare and hotel accommodations for three nights and two days in Chicago, Ill.
* Dinner at Chef Smith’s Chicago restaurant, Table Fifty-Two.
* Dinner prepared by the children of Chef Smith’s charitable foundation, Common Threads.
* A spa visit to experience another great way to enjoy organic plants.
* $5,000 prize money to be used by each winner to start or maintain a vegetable garden in her community. The winner must designate a non-profit organization to which the $5,000 prize money will be awarded and with whom the community garden will be planted or improved.
To learn more about the Love Your Veggies™ campaign, the Search for Veggie Champions Contest and official rules, or tips and recipes from Chef Smith, please visit www.LoveYourVeggies.com.