This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Lysol®, Finish®, Woolite®, and Air Wick®. The opinions and text are all mine.
After a long winter of cold, dreary days, snow and ice, it is definitely time for a thorough deep cleaning to get ready for hopefully a sunshine-filled spring season.
Here are some great Spring cleaning tips to help you jumpstart an easy and smooth few weeks of household revitalization.
1. Fabrics and furniture. After a long winter, it is certainly time for a deep cleaning of all of your carpets and upholstery. Now is the time to rent an industrial strength carpet cleaner and move your furniture, but make sure to do a test spot first. Some of the stronger cleaning solutions may leave a mark on your carpet or furniture. And don’t forget to open your windows to help the drying process, which sometimes can take several days if you have thick fabric or heavy fabrics. Worse case scenario and you aren’t up for a do-it-yourself project, just call a professional company to come do it for you.
2. Wall, baseboards, and cabinets. Your walls can be deceiving, but yes, they do need a good spring cleaning. Between the cabinets and baseboards, along with the walls of your home, this can be stretched over a few days or a week. Use a large damp sponge and a good, quality detergent to scrub everything down, but make sure to dry the woodwork with a cloth. Not only will everything be fresh and clean, but now you are off the hook for another few months for this project!
3. Kitchen. Start by clearing off your counters first and disinfecting everything from top to bottom. Then hit the fridge and clean out and throw away all expired items, remove contents, and clean out the shelving and drawers. Also, pull out the fridge a bit and clean the coils of dust bunnies. Put everything back and voila!
4. Rugs and carpets. Now that the carpets and furniture are clean, dry, and put back into place, break out the vacuum and start in your bedrooms and vacuum the baseboards, under the beds, and from corner to corner. This, too, can be a week long project as you hit the hallways and make your way to all the living spaces. Get the kids to help too!
5. Bedding. Not all of your bedding is going to need to be washed and dried every time you do laundry, so when you are doing a major cleaning such as spring cleaning, it’s a great time to gather up everyone’s comforters. Get your kids to unmake their beds for once and bring you their bedding. How fun for them to participate in this part of the process by washing their own comforters. Or you can even just hang them outside on a sunny day to freshen them.
6. Windows. This is honestly the least favorite spring cleaning task I like to do. I personally use a mixture of vinegar and water in an easy spray bottle. Paper towels do work, but crumpled up newspapers will leave your windows clean and free of streaks.
7. Dishes and Dishwasher. Once a month, I use Finish Dishwasher Cleaner to keep our dishwasher clean, fresh and functioning at its best. I find that this product does its job very well by cleaning grease and lime scale from even the hidden parts of your machine. It also works to neutralize unpleasant odors. I love this product for making our dishwasher amazingly clean, fresh and well-maintained. It’s so important to keep on top of your dishwasher maintenance, otherwise, it could grind to a halt just when you need it the most.
For spotless glassware, I also use Finish Rinse Aid. This product is perfect for removing spots and residues in my dishes and glassware and one great bonus when I use this product: I save time by not having to dry my plastics when I put them away!
8. Curtains and drapes. Go ahead and take down all of your drapes and curtains throughout your home. Grab a medium size towel and dampen it so that you can throw it into the dryer with a few sets of curtains. Simply add a few dryer sheets as well and you will have drapes that are freshened up and ready to hang like new again.
9. Ceiling Fans. If you have several ceiling fans in your home, now is perfect occasion to finally clean off those blades. A super simple method to make this easy on you is to use a furniture polish and a saturate each blade. Then using an old sock, wipe thoroughly. Repeat and repeat and repeat!
10. Deodorize. Once all of the major cleaning is completed and your home has a fresh look, now you must make sure you have it smelling just right. Keep air fresheners on hand and ready at all times.
Personally, I like to freshen up any room with a room mist. It’s easy to use and provide a fine freshening mist by delivering continuously changing fragrance with one instant spray.
The fine mist in this room mist ensures a superior fragrance experience by providing a constantly changing, multi-layered fragrance vs. just masking odors.
I’m usually picky when it comes to recommending products but I absolutely love the Finish Rinse Aid and Air Wick room fresheners for my home. I buy mine at Target because they have great prices, plus I love using Cartwheel coupons to save me more money when I shop for these items and more! Also be sure to check out Lysol and Woolite while you are at Target. They will be great additions to your cleaning supplies.
So I’m excited to share with you that Target has Cartwheel coupons and promo offers for these products! Check these out:
Cartwheel offers: (Available from 04/02-04/29)
- 5% off any Finish Item
- 5% off any Air Wick Freshmatic item
- Buy any 2 Finish Premium L & XL (MiO & Quantum) & 16oz RA additive – Get $5 Target Gift Card (available until 4/8)
- Air Wick
- Buy 3 5ct AW Scented oil and get free gadget (available 4/9- 4/15)
So with these great tips and tricks and money-saving offers from Target for products that are designed to make your life easier, you should be able to get your spring cleaning extravaganza done in no time! Get your family involved too and don’t forget to open your windows while you’re at it to let the wonderful spring breeze in. Be sure to check out Target offers here for spring cleaning!
Cleaning doesn’t have to be a nuisance with these tips and tricks!
These are great tips for Spring cleaning. It’s important to focus on one task! It’s too easy to get distracted and switch from task to task, never really completing anything.
Awesome tips to consider in this spring. It is really important to clean the house.
I need to take these tips to heart! Get my cleaning supplies ready and get cracking. Thank you!
I am so glad that Spring is here, finally! Thanks for these 10 tips, one thing that I definitely need to do is run a cleaning cycle on my dishwasher!
Thanks for the great spring cleaning tips. I like to pick a room to attack for the day and clean it from top to bottom.
I love using Finish detergent in my dishwasher. I am planning on doing a big spring cleanup this weekend.
Very helpful list. Thanks for sharing it.
These are great tips. I am a big fan of FInish dishwashing detergent. It works so well!
I know that I forget some things about deep cleaning. This is such great advice of what to clean.
Spring cleaning is something I love! These are great tips.
These are some great tips. I dread doing the spring cleaning around here. I especially dread the little nooks and crannies that I don’t normally hit when cleaning. These tips will help though.
Thanks for the tips and the Cartwheel offers. Cleaning products can get pricey!
I have been putting off my cleaning but these tips are giving me motivation and guidance. I know I need to do my ceiling fans they get so dusty, get me the sock.