If you have a child who suffers from food allergies, you know how he or she usually misses out on favorites like pizza and trail mix. But now your child doesn’t have to! Here’s The Cooking Light Gluten-Free Cookbook – a wonderful cookbook that helps busy moms like you and me serve up to 150 safe, scrumptious, and kid-friendly recipes that everyone can enjoy!
The Cooking Light Gluten-Free Cookbook is a complete culinary guide that offers a glossary of common gluten-free ingredients, lots of helpful advice for avoiding hidden gluten, and other valuable cooking and baking tips.
Here’s one yummy recipe I got off of The Cooking Light Gluten-Free Cookbook that my kids have enjoyed. I’m sure you and your kids will love these too!
1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons brown rice flour (such as Bob’s Red Mill)
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
11⁄2 tablespoons canola oil or
3.3 ounces brown rice flour (about
3⁄4 cup; such as Bob’s Red Mill)
4.1 ounces potato starch (about
2.1 ounces tapioca flour (about
3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
11⁄2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
3⁄4 cup raisins
1⁄4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
1⁄3 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup plain soy milk
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. To prepare streusel, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl with a fork until mixture resembles small peas.
3. To prepare muffins, place 18 paper muffin cup liners in muffin cups. Coat liners with cooking spray; set aside.
4. Weigh or lightly spoon brown rice flour, potato starch, and tapioca flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, granulated sugar, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in raisins and walnuts; make a well in center of mixture. Combine oil, vanilla, and eggs in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in soy milk; add to rice flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle batter evenly with streusel topping.
5. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned and spring back when touched lightly in center. Cool in pans 5 minutes on a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 18 servings (serving size: 1 muffin).
CALORIES 201; FAT 8.5g (sat 0.8g, mono 3.9g, poly 3.2g); PROTEIN 2.3g; CARB 31g; FIBER 1g; CHOL 24mg; IRON 0.6mg; SODIUM 149mg; CALC 57mg
The Cooking Light The Gluten-Free Cookbook is now available at Amazon for one low price of only $12.82 or check out your local book retailer if you want to pick it up right off the shelf. This makes a wonderful holiday gift too for someone who is into cooking gluten-free foods!
Lucky you, one Hip Mama’s Place reader! We have one (1) copy of The Cooking Light Gluten-Free Cookbook to give away – courtesy of Cooking Light!
VERY IMPORTANT: You must be a follower of Hip Mama’s Place on all three social networks: on Facebook, Twitter and Google Friend Connect to be eligible to enter the contest. Find the link to HMP’s Google Friend Connect on the left side bar under “Our Hip Followers”. Click the link to “Join This Site” that will take you to a page that will let you follow Hip Mama’s Place “Publicly”. Make sure you are logged on to your Google account in order to do this.
TO ENTER THE CONTEST:
Leave a comment on this post with your email address by December 28th, 2011 at 12MN, EST. THIS IS YOUR MANDATORY CONTEST ENTRY.
This contest is open to U.S. ADDRESSES ONLY. I will choose ONE (1) WINNER using Random.org and will be announced as a comment on this post. The winner will also be notified by email and/or through a comment on their blog (if available).
*EXTRA ENTRIES for many chances to win! BE SURE TO ENTER A SEPARATE COMMENT FOR EACH EXTRA ENTRY YOU DO!
Your comment is your one required/mandatory entry. To earn extra entries, just do the following:
1. Tweet this giveaway daily on Twitter however you like, but include this URL page and hash tags anywhere in your Twitter update: @HipMamasPlace http://bit.ly/rIoxrp @Cooking_Light #Christmas #cooking #giveaways (1 EXTRA ENTRY FOR EACH TWEET THAT YOU DO DAILY)
EXAMPLE OF A TWEET:
I want to win a copy of The Cooking Light Gluten-Free Cookbook @HipMamasPlace http://bit.ly/rIoxrp @Cooking_Light #Christmas #cooking #giveaways!
2. Join the Hip Mama’s Place Community and EARN 2 EXTRA ENTRIES. You can earn 3 more extra entries by creating a new post or join in on the conversations on the “Forum” section of our mom community. (5 TOTAL EXTRA ENTRIES)
3. Grab one of Hip Mama’s Place’s buttons under the “Grab Our Fabulous Buttons” on the right hand side bar on our main page and paste it on an HTML page on your blog sidebar. (5 EXTRA ENTRIES)
*PLEASE DO NOT CROSS-PROMOTE ANY OTHER GIVEAWAYS HAPPENING ON ANY OTHER BLOG OR WEBSITE. ANY SPAM COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY.
Remember, the more entries you have, the greater chances of winning! Please make sure to leave a separate comment for each thing you do for your extra entries (i.e. your name on HMP Community name, Google Friend Connect, Facebook name, Twitter name and Twitter post links). Good luck!
*Hip Mama’s Place Disclosure: “My reviews and opinions are 100% my own. Cooking Light provided me copies of the cookbook featured on this post which were necessary to facilitate my review and giveaway.”
About the Author: Jocelyn Cañasa-Brown is a working mom of two boys and is a recognized blogger and mom influencer in the Washington, DC area. In her spare time, she designs and creates her own handmade jewelry, maintains her jewelry store on Artfire and is an active moms group organizer and leader both online and offline. Hip Mama’s Place was nominated for Parents 2011 Best All-Around Mom Blog and named one of the Highest Rated Blogs and Sites on Nickelodeon ParentsConnect for the Washington, DC area. Follow Jocelyn on Twitter and/or Facebook.