This post was sponsored by M&M’s. All views and opinions are my own.
The symptoms are clear and apparent: Fall is definitely in full swing. School homework and knowing which day is library day is on your mind. Plus, you’ve had your weekends all mixed up since you’re at the soccer field for the kids’ games at random times. You’ve done the pumpkin patch and yes, I’m sure you’ve watched your share of football games.
I think all NFL fans can agree, an easy and fun Fall get together can be a game day football party. To make your day go more smoothly, I’ve come up with a list of helpful tips to make your football party easy and fun!
7 Tips to Have a Fun, Hassle-Free Football Game Day Party
My goal with any fall party or get together is to enjoy the company of others and to get to know more about people without prying information out of them. To get to know people, it is best to make them comfortable! So, a low-key, yet fun party is the way to do that!
1. Start with an at home tailgate. Invite everyone before kickoff and have the grill up and running with plenty of food choices. From hamburgers and hotdogs to veggie and potato salad, a good amount of food will help make the party last. After all, the games are 3-4 hours long!
2. Ensure the game watching area has plenty of unobstructed seating with a good sound system.
3. Have fun snacks, including my favorite Sweet & Salty Trail Mix made with Milk Chocolate M&M’s.
4. For those tag-alongs, have a separate mingle area with a second set of snacks.
5. Include games that help keep those who don’t know all the players interested. For example, everyone gets a number assigned to them. When a team gets that many yards on a play, the guest gets a prize! It can be something basic like a can coozie, or a scratch off lottery ticket. Hint: So you’re not giving out 100 gifts, choose numbers over 11.
6. Make the décor match the theme and use a green plastic table cloths on many surfaces. Then, on the main food area, use white tape to mark the “yards.” Pick up themed paper products. Even your favorite dollar store carries plenty of football themed paper products.
7. Make cleanup easy. Have everyone keep their disposable paper products on the field (aka the plastic table cloths). Remove the decor items you plan to keep, and wrap everything else right into the cloth and eight into the trash can.
One easy snack that is always a hit is this Sweet & Salty Trail Mix made with M&M’s!
Sweet and Salty Trail Mix RecipePrint
Satisfy your craving for a sweet snack with a bowl of this Sweet and Salty Trail Mix recipe! M&M’s, raisins and a variety of nuts make this homemade snack mix taste so good you’ll want to make extras!
- In a mixing bowl, pour everything and mix gently together until well combined.
- Store in an air tight container.
Creating Community with a Football Party
Having a fun get together is a way to create community! So even if you feel like you don’t know who you’d invite to a football party, you can make it an easy block party too! We can all use more reason to get to know our neighbors, and a themed party is the perfect low-key way to do that.