This post is sponsored by OshKosh B’Gosh; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
When it comes to Easter, many of us think of the massive list of things to do, and of course these two things: cute outfits and spring break travel. Both of those require one specific skill: coordination. Yep, cute outfits, means photo opportunities! And, if you’re headed somewhere, travel means planning and a lot of packing!
Kids’ Style for Easter
Easter, even for those who aren’t Christian, is a change over to Spring, so that means new kids fashion. Gone are the winter clothes, and instead, we find more brightly-colored kid’s clothes. It means cute dresses in the girls clothing section and shorts season for boys, so if your kiddo had a growth spurt, the new kids clothes are a bit overdue (I know, kids always have a growth spurt a month before the new season’s clothes need to be purchased!).
We love the new Spring styles from one of our top favorite kids’ clothing brand, OshKosh B’gosh!
Packing for a Vacation
My sons are 8 and 10, and for this year, I’m enlisting their packing help. Here are some tips I gave them, and I’m sure they’ll help you as well.
Spring Break Packing Tips
- Pack one outfit per day, plus an extra outfit.
- Choose outfits that coordinate, so if you end up with a stain on one shirt, you don’t have to change the bottoms as well.
- Kids style isn’t always the same as “family ready” style – so pick the newer clothes, not the ones you wear for painting
- Pack each outfit, including socks and underwear, in a gallon-sized ziploc bag to make it easier to fold, as well as find.
- Add a collapsible hamper from the dollar store to keep in your room or hotel to keep dirty clothes away from the rest of your items
- Keep another gallon-sized bag for all toiletries, so they’re easy to find and if they accidentally open, it doesn’t ruin any of your other items
We’re looking at some fashionable kids clothes from OshKosh B’gosh and found some cute some coordinating items we love. What’s great is that if we were meeting relatives, they can find coordinating clothes so we could do an extended family photo using the same color palette.
Kids’ Fashion for Easter
Easter is a a great time for family photos. Just as things begin to bloom, you can snap some photos or decide on professional family photos – but the big thing is to help document just how they grow, and remind yourself on those days when they run in the house full of mud that they do actually clean up quite nicely 🙂
When it comes to our family photos, I don’t like entirely matched outfits. Each person has a different look and personality, so I prefer coordinating outfits. As you can see I’m going for hues of blue in their outfits for spring photos, hopefully for some great outdoor shots on a sunny day! Plus, stripes are always great!
To make it easy, we’re going with comfortable jeans as well. But, I have to say that my kid’s FAVORITE bottoms are their mesh active pants. They are easy transition clothes, wear well, and one of my sons may call them his “soft pants … because they are!
These are my top picks from OshKosh B’gosh, what are yours?
For more spring inspiration look at OshKosh’s Instagram page to help you find those great kid’s fashion ideas!
Do you see something you love from Oshkosh?
Go here to find and OshKosh B’gosh store near you!