This post was sponsored by Neuromotion Labs and Boston Children’s Hospital. All views and text are mine.
Great Wednesday, everyone!
As a parent of young boys, I know how it feels to be constantly inundated with the latest technologies and products that are supposed to help my children’s well-being, or help them cope better with their daily challenges. I get a lot of offers to try a class or app, a book or toy, etcetera. But I rarely get excited about a product unless I truly believe in it.
Introducing Mighteor – an innovation by Neuromotion Labs that uses the power of video games to help kids 6 to 14 years old struggling with anxiety and controlling emotions build emotional strength and resilience. For the past 7 years, Neuromotion Labs has been working with Boston Children’s Hospital develop this innovative product and it’s been getting some amazing results in clinical trials.
Watch a short video of it here:
Mighteor also just opened the program to the public and Neromotion Labs has spent the past year successfully implementing their platform in clinics , schools, and in the home over 150 families.
Mighteor’s bioresponsive games help children with behavioral and emotional challenges learn how to manage emotions in daily life, including:
- Develop Awareness: Connecting the Mighty band heart rate monitor to a dedicated game tablet, kids start playing and realize the link between their heart rate in the games.
- Build Skill: The games react to kids heart rate in real-time, changing in difficulty to teach kids how to stay in control – or as we like to say, in the ‘cool zone’ – even when things get hard, just like in the real world!
- Work through Challenge: As kids learn the skills to regulate their emotions, they build muscle memory and start taking on more challenges in Mighteor games and in life.
Mighteor has helped kids with a range of emotional regulation challenges – from sensitive kids with big emotions to kids having difficulty managing anger, frustration, or anxiety. Here is some feedback from families who have completed the Foundation Program:
- 80% say their child’s ability to regulate “improved a lot”
- 80% say their child learned new strategies
- 90% report a positive behavior change for their child
To learn more about Mighteor and how it might be a great fit for your family, go to: https://neuromotionlabs.com/