This post was sponsored by Energizer. All views and text are mine.
As the summer starts to wind down and back to school conversations are surrounding the dinner table, don’t forget that there is still fun to be had. For our family, summer is never over until a week before the new school year starts. In fact, we just got back from our beach vacation from the Outer Banks (North Carolina). As always, we had tons of great fun! 🙂
So.. if you need ideas to make even more beautiful memories with your family this summer, check out some of my favorite end of summer activities and make plans to try a few!
1. Visit an amusement park. By the end of summer, the lines are shorter and the crowds are smaller, so get a good family day in now to wrap up a great summer.
2. Explore a historical site. This could be a fun way to not only have a great time, but also get in a little end of education before school starts.
3. Backyard field day. Just like some schools do at the end of the school year, plan a family field day in your backyard with games and prizes.
4. Take a camping trip. Simply find a nearby camping site and pack up the kids and car for a weekend getaway. Don’t forget to bring along your Energizer Vision LED Headlights so that everyone can get around the campsite safely. They are strong and durable and project a powerful headlight beam that is 4X brighter than regular LED technology.
5. Build a fort out of cardboard boxes. Easy and low cost for rainy day kind of fun, collect large cardboard boxes from a local store and build away. Make tunnels and sections for each family member to decorate.
6. Have a homemade pizza night. Just hit your supermarket and buy all the fix-ins and let everyone make their favorite pizzas.
7. Hit the local pool. Pick a day midweek and grab the kiddos and spend a day at your local community pool. If there isn’t one nearby, make a few calls and find a YMCA where you can use their indoor pool for a few hours.
8. Take a nature hike. Why not hit the trail for an afternoon of exploring and take a lot of fun photos too. Get them printed and make an end of summer scrapbook with some silly photos from your day on the trail.
9. Take trip to the beach. It’s never too late to plan a weekend (or week!) trip to the beach!
10. Visit a water park. Tickets prices may be lower and of course the crowds a bit less, so throw on your swimsuits, pack lunches, and hit a water park and slip and slide away.
11. Take a road trip. Now here is the best way to not only save a few bucks, but end the summer right by hitting the road for a mini road trip. Sometimes a destination doesn’t even have to be planned, just hop in the car and go.
12. Staycation in a local hotel. This is an easy one! Simply check out a good deal at a local hotel with an indoor or outdoor pool and pack up everyone.
13. Movie night in the park. The kids will love this outing. Most towns have a night where a local park will show a popular movie on a big screen. Bring snacks and blankets and make a night of it.
14. Fishing trip nearby. Find a lake and take the kiddos fishing for the day. Make it a competition and see who can catch the first one. If you don’t know much about fishing then check out Focus Fishing for tips, tricks, and equipment reviews.
15. Sleepover tent party. Whether the living room or the backyard becomes the tent party, build a mini campsite and turn off the lights. You could even camp on a beach with a tent you found on SeasidePlanet
if you want to have a true camping experience! Sounds like Grab your Energizer Vision LED Headlights with the easy, durable, and comfortable fitted head band. They have an awesome red-light mode for night vision, so everyone can have fun.
16. Bake cookies and make ice cream sandwiches. Kids of all ages will love this idea and even the adults. Set up an ice cream sundae and sandwich making station for everyone to enjoy. Maybe even skip dinner and dive in! And to keep your ice cream sandwiches chilled check out sonic ice makers at hereon.biz.
17. Visit an ethnic grocery store and make an interesting new meal. This is such a fun way to get everyone to try new things and have a few laughs too.
18. Go to a farmer’s market. Even though I am sure you have been going all summer long, make a day out of it and take the whole family.
19. Set up a mini carnival with homemade games in your backyard. This activity takes a bit more planning, but it is so much fun and bring everyone together and a great way to end the summer season.
20. Create a scavenger hunt inside and outside your home. Plan a super scavenger hunt for all to enjoy and have a prize for the winner. You can even plan it for night time and use the Energizer Vision LED Headlights to find your way around to the clues. Since these cool headlights come with 3 AAA batteries, you will be all set to get started. We love using our Energizer headlights too, especially when it gets dark around the pool area and we need to make fire for campfire nights with the family. There are a ton of uses for these powerful and lightweight LED headlights…also known as headlamps. Energizer has created them to be comfortable, secure and durable. These headlamps are the perfect solution for any jobs and activities that demand the use of both hands. We love it!
21. Check out a local museum you’ve never been to. Every town is known for something, whether it’s art, music, or history. Find something everyone will enjoy before the summer is over and the real learning begins in school.
Don’t forget that there are so many amazing things to do as a family all summer long. Making memories is the most important especially before the craziness of school, sports, and homework begins. Try a few of these suggestions and save some for the Fall months to come too!