Spring is here and I’m seriously not anywhere close to being done with my Spring cleaning and organizing. We’ve moved into our house now about 2.5 years ago and I’ve just been trying to reduce the clutter and getting rid of old stuff (donating them to Salvation Army or giving them away to friends and family who want them). It’s really amazing how much you don’t realize you have until you move and get organized. Sounds like a cliché .. but that is so true for me!
So these past few weeks, I tackled one spare bedroom that’s supposed to be a guest bedroom but had become a “catch all” for things I don’t know what to do with, and also painting the walls and decorating another room in the basement that I had turned into my home studio for my Etsy shop and where I do my personal craft activities. I know they say to take one project at a time. But I’ve been known to start 2-3 projects at one time, and then abandoning one or two of those projects when it’s already 70% done. So, there’s my personal confession. No shame. 😉
So here, to help us all get more organized, I’ve put a list of ten creative ways to organize spaces and things in your home. Let’s get inspired! 🙂
2. Keep your bags and purses in your closet looking neat and tidy using shelf organizers. Arrange larger bags side by side and stack flat clutches on top of one another. Details here.
3. Out of sight, out of mind. That rings true for me with my jewelry. I got to see them so I can wear them! Want a beautiful jewelry organizer using frames like these? Simply decorate picture frames with beautiful fabric or scrapbook paper from the craft store and hang your necklaces and earrings on them. See the how to’s here.
4. Clever idea for shoe storage: keep your shoes in a box each labeled with a photo tag of that particular shoes you’re storing like this one. Easiest way to find the pair of shoes you want to wear for the day! You can find inexpensive cardboard boxes or plastic boxes at craft stores and at mass stores like Target and Walmart.
5. Create a craft closet unit for yourself with a wire shelf that hangs over the closet door to neatly store your craft, sewing and gift-wrapping supplies. I could really use this one in my craft room!
6. Need a more organized home office space? How about a DIY Bulletin board to display photos, mementos and invites. It’s a lovely way to keep track of your daily to do list too! Click here for the simple how to’s.
7. Use photo protectors to keep recipe cards organized in a three-ring file like this. I know I’ve been wanting to do this for my recipe cards for months. Next stop is the office supply store for me! 🙂
8. Find your medicines, vitamins and first aid kits in your medicine cabinet by keeping them in labeled small trays. This one even doubles as a cookbook cabinet too!
9. Organize your kids’ art supplies, coloring books and puzzles using plastic trays of varying sizes. The art closet shelf will look so neat such as this one! Details here.
10. If you have enough space in your laundry room, create a “laundry wall” with adjustable wire shelving to house wooden boxes for your laundry supplies. Then add a tension rod in front of it to hang clothes right when you take them out of the dryer. It might even save you some ironing this way!
I hope I inspired you to get organized in your home. What areas of your home do you want to organize this Spring? I would love to hear from you! 🙂