Spring is here and I’m seriously not anywhere close to being done with my Spring cleaning and organizing. We’ve moved into our new love nest about six weeks ago and I’ve just been getting rid of a lot of junk from our previous house. It’s really amazing how much you don’t realize you have until you move and get organized. Sounds like a cliché .. but that hit home for me!
So this week, I’ve decided to tackle the bedroom and bathroom drawers, my personal jewelry and my home studio for my Etsy shop. I know it will take months to get our house to look all put together and decorated. But take one project at a time, right? So, my personal mantra for the next few months is “organize your space”. So I’ve put a list of ten creative ways to organize spaces and things in your home. Let’s get inspired!
2. Keep your bags and purses in your closet looking neat and tidy using shelf organizers. Arrange larger bags side by side and stack flat clutches on top of one another. Details here.
3. Out of sight, out of mind. That rings true for me with my jewelry. I got to see them so I can wear them! Want a beautiful jewelry organizer using frames like these? Simply decorate picture frames with beautiful fabric or scrapbook paper from the craft store and hang your necklaces and earrings on them. See the how to’s here.
4. Clever idea for shoe storage: keep your shoes in a box each labeled with a photo tag of that particular shoes you’re storing like this one. Easiest way to find the pair of shoes you want to wear for the day! You can find inexpensive cardboard boxes or plastic boxes at craft stores and at mass stores like Target and Walmart.
5. Create a craft closet unit for yourself with a wire shelf that hangs over the closet door to neatly store your craft, sewing and gift-wrapping supplies. I could really use this one in my craft room!
6. Need a more organized home office space? How about a DIY Bulletin board to display photos, mementos and invites. It’s a lovely way to keep track of your daily to do list too! Click here for the simple how to’s.
7. Use photo protectors to keep recipe cards organized in a three-ring file like this. I know I’ve been wanting to do this for my recipe cards for months. Next stop is the office supply store for me!
8. Find your medicines, vitamins and first aid kits in your medicine cabinet by keeping them in labeled small trays. This one even doubles as a cookbook cabinet too!
9. Organize your kids’ art supplies, coloring books and puzzles using plastic trays of varying sizes. The art closet shelf will look so neat such as this one! Details here.
10. If you have enough space in your laundry room, create a “laundry wall” with adjustable wire shelving to house wooden boxes for your laundry supplies. Then add a tension rod in front of it to hang clothes right when you take them out of the dryer. It might even save you some ironing this way!
I hope I inspired you to get organized in your home. Feel free to leave a comment with your ideas to organize any space in your home!
Enter to win a $50 VISA Gift Card to help you with your Spring cleaning and organizing! First, “Like” Hip Mama’s Place on Facebook and click here for the Facebook post that details how to enter the $50 VISA Gift Card giveaway. Good luck!
Don’t miss out on the latest fab deals, cool freebies, high value coupons, fun giveaways, sweepstakes and more! Subscribe to the Hip Mama’s Place email newsletter, Hip Mama’s Place feed reader, or simply “Like” Hip Mama’s Place on Facebook and/or follow Hip Mama’s Place on Twitter!
About the Author: Jocelyn Cañasa-Brown is a working mom of two boys and is a recognized blogger and mom influencer in the Washington, DC area. In her spare time, she designs and creates her own handmade jewelry, maintains her jewelry store on Etsy and is an active moms group organizer and leader both online and offline. Hip Mama’s Place was nominated for Parents 2011 Best All-Around Mom Blog and named one of the Highest Rated Blogs and Sites on Nickelodeon ParentsConnect for the Washington, DC area. Follow Jocelyn on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.