Many people are striving to live a simpler life in 2018. With so much hustle and bustle these days, it’s no wonder families want to slow down and enjoy life rather than rush through it.
Read on to find out how you can simplify your life in 2018. I’ve included 13 ways that should help you!
1. Clean out the clutter. Your life and home will be a lot easier to manage without a ton of “stuff” in the way. Starting with closets, declutter every space in your home. Getting this done right away will put you in a positive mindset for a simple new year. Now for me personally, this happens the first few weeks of January which is literally happening right as I am writing this post. (Yep, I just took a little break). 😉
2. Organize your tasks. Keeping yourself organized with a planner or calendar ensures you get things done – and on time. There will be no rushing or last-minute tasks when you have a simple, streamlined schedule.
3. Learn to say “no”. Reduce the number of commitments you take on in 2018. If it is not something that will make you happy or help you thrive, you should turn it down. Take a look at your responsibilities from 2017 as well. Get rid of anything you don’t enjoy – or that doesn’t contribute to your well-being.
4. Downsize your home. If you are stressing over the mortgage, rent payment, or utility bills, it may be time to think simpler. Finding a smaller residence gives you the simplicity you need to worry less about your finances. Everyone can still be comfortable without living in a 3000+ square foot home.
5. Create a budget. It is important that your money is in check if you want to live a simple live in 2018. Take a look at your expenses and cut back where you can. Having more money going into savings or paying off debt will give you a happier future.