This post was sponsored by Energizer. All views and text are mine.
As the summer starts to wind down and back to school conversations are surrounding the dinner table, don’t forget that there is still fun to be had. For our family, summer is never over until a week before the new school year starts. In fact, we just got back from our beach vacation from the Outer Banks (North Carolina). As always, we had tons of great fun! 🙂
So.. if you need ideas to make even more beautiful memories with your family this summer, check out some of my favorite end of summer activities and make plans to try a few!
1. Visit an amusement park. By the end of summer, the lines are shorter and the crowds are smaller, so get a good family day in now to wrap up a great summer.
2. Explore a historical site. This could be a fun way to not only have a great time, but also get in a little end of education before school starts.
3. Backyard field day. Just like some schools do at the end of the school year, plan a family field day in your backyard with games and prizes.
4. Take a camping trip. Simply find a nearby camping site and pack up the kids and car for a weekend getaway. Don’t forget to bring along your Energizer Vision LED Headlights so that everyone can get around the campsite safely. They are strong and durable and project a powerful headlight beam that is 4X brighter than regular LED technology.
5. Build a fort out of cardboard boxes. Easy and low cost for rainy day kind of fun, collect large cardboard boxes from a local store and build away. Make tunnels and sections for each family member to decorate.
6. Have a homemade pizza night. Just hit your supermarket and buy all the fix-ins and let everyone make their favorite pizzas.
7. Hit the local pool. Pick a day midweek and grab the kiddos and spend a day at your local community pool. If there isn’t one nearby, make a few calls and find a YMCA where you can use their indoor pool for a few hours.
8. Take a nature hike. Why not hit the trail for an afternoon of exploring and take a lot of fun photos too. Get them printed and make an end of summer scrapbook with some silly photos from your day on the trail.
9. Take trip to the beach. It’s never too late to plan a weekend (or week!) trip to the beach!
10. Visit a water park. Tickets prices may be lower and of course the crowds a bit less, so throw on your swimsuits, pack lunches, and hit a water park and slip and slide away.
11. Take a road trip. Now here is the best way to not only save a few bucks, but end the summer right by hitting the road for a mini road trip. Sometimes a destination doesn’t even have to be planned, just hop in the car and go.
12. Staycation in a local hotel. This is an easy one! Simply check out a good deal at a local hotel with an indoor or outdoor pool and pack up everyone.