Chilly days mean big pots of soup for my family! I love the combination of flavors in this yummy chicken taco soup recipe. You can bake up a batch of cornbread to go with this too and you’re good to go! 🙂
Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 20 to 25 minutes
What you’ll need
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups cooked kidney beans
- 2 cups prepared salsa
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups tortilla chips, crushed
1. Combine chicken, beans, salsa, stock and seasoning in a 2-quart soup pot.
2. Bring to a boil and reduce heat until soup is simmering.
3. Let cook for 15 to 20 minutes so flavors blend well
*Variations: Switch the beans to pinto if you like and add sour cream and a sprinkling of cheddar cheese to each bowl for a change of pace. I also made my own variation by adding sweet yellow corn to the mix and just added a cup of my own homemade chicken stock. When it’s done, I topped each warm bowl with Mexican taco cheese and crushed tortilla chips. Yummm! My husband and kids loved it!