This post was sponsored by Neutrogena® as part of an influencer activation for The Motherhood. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions (FTC) guidelines concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising.
One of my favorite seasons is upon us and with these cooler fall temperatures comes drier air and drier skin. Your skin can take a beating with the sun all summer long, so don’t forget about protecting it year round.
Check out these 7 ways to do just that!
1. Kick up the cleanser. All through the summer it is fine to simply use a foam cleanser in the morning and at night, but once the temps get a little cooler we tend to have less oil producing so it’s a good to include a sulfate-free gel cleanser in your morning routine. At night, try using a lightweight lotion cleanser too.
2. Make time to exfoliate. Yes this may be an extra step in your skincare routine, but now that summer is over it’s time to get rid of dry skin. Use a good exfoliator while you are in the shower and scrub all over.
3. Use a heavier moisturizer. During the summer months you can get away with using a lighter moisturizer, but now that fall and winter are approaching it’s a great time to switch to something with a little more oomph. Think about trying a balm or an oil balm as the weather gets drier this fall and winter season. On the days when your skin feels drier, break out Neutrogena’s Hydro Boost Water Gel for extra hydration. Plus, don’t forget to drink a lot of water too! It’s so great for your skin!
4. Spiff up your SPF. Just because the temps are cooler doesn’t mean you should forget about sun protection. The sun’s UVB rays are not as strong in the fall months, but using a SPF is still a must on your face, neck, and any area of your body that is exposed for a length of time in the outdoors. SPF protection is a year round job, so keep at it.
5. Change up your facial mask. In the summer when you are using a water based mask it’s great because you are adding moisture to your skin. In the fall months, it’s best to change to a cream based mask because most of them contain deep moisturizing oils that will better hydrate your skin and help with any dryness. Look for ones that have aloe in the ingredients for extra hydration too.
6. Try adding retinol (Vitamin A) to your routine. Now here is where you can really benefit from an additional step in your skincare routine. Whether you use a non-prescription retinol serum or a one of Neutrogena’s Rapid Wrinkle Repair serums, this is by far the best way to dramatically reduce the damage created by the sun.
7. Buy a humidifier. If you don’t already have one, get a humidifier and turn it on as soon as the weather gets cold enough to turn on your heat. Putting moisture back in the air will help keep your skin hydrated.
Remember, as you change your wardrobe it’s also important to change your skincare routine so that you can protect your skin all year round. It’s easy and doesn’t have to be expensive or difficult to transition from summer to fall with these fabulous tips!
And now that we’re talking about transitioning skincare from summer to Fall, what perfect timing that my top favorite skincare brand, Neutrogena, is having their #BestieSaleEver, starting today, September 21st! You know, this amazing promo came so timely for me, because my bestie and I were just talking about going shopping for new makeup and skincare. Out with the old, in with the new! So, like me and my bestie, my skincare routine is not the same without our favorite Neutrogena® products. So we are treating ourselves with this limited time offer!
Buy 2 Neutrogena® acne, cleansing or men’s products and get 1 free!
- Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes
- Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser
- Neutrogena® Men Triple Protect Face Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 20
Get your glow back for the new season! It’s great that we can save on any acne, cleansing or men’s products by printing this coupon and shopping at your local Neutrogena® retailer. But hurry, the coupon link is valid only while supplies last. Once printed, the coupon will be valid through 9/30!