Thai Red Chicken Curry – a flavorful, fragrant one-pan dish with chicken and creamy red curry-spiced sauce ready in 30 minutes!
2–3 lbs. chicken breast, cut into ½ strips
2 cups broccoli florets
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 large white onion, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons ginger, freshly grated
2 teaspoons garlic, freshly grated
2–3 tablespoons red curry paste (based on preferred heat)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 cup water
1 cup coconut cream
1 cup coconut milk
1 lime, freshly squeezed
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
1 serrano pepper, thinly sliced (optional for heat)
- In a large cast-iron skillet, sauté thinly sliced red pepper, thinly sliced onion, fresh ginger, and fresh garlic, in olive oil over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add in red curry paste, brown sugar, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Stir together to create a thick paste.
- Next, add chicken bouillon cube and water. Let the sauce simmer until chicken bouillon has dissolved.
- Slowly, add coconut cream and milk. Stir until sauce is combined.
- Add in chicken and broccoli florets. Let simmer for 10 minutes until the chicken has cooked.
- Squeeze lime juice over and top with cilantro.
- Serve over rice.
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Thai chicken curry, Thai red chicken curry, chicken curry, curry chicken, curried chicken, national curried chicken day