This refreshing, light and sweet Sparkling Berry Lemonade recipe with mixed berries can be made kid-friendly or as an adult cocktail drink too!
For Mint Sugar Water:
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
3 sprigs fresh mint, plus more for serving (optional)
1/2 cup lemon juice plus 1 lemon cut into thin slices
3/4 cup blackberries
3/4 cup raspberries
3/4 cup strawberries, sliced
2 liters sparkling water
- FOR MINT SUGAR WATER: Place water, fresh mint and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat, cover and steep for 15 minutes. Remove mint leaves from sugar water and set aside.
- MAKE THE LEMONADE: Using a mortar and pestle, muddle 1/4 cup each strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and place in a large pitcher. Can also use a muddler or a wooden spoon to muddle the berries directly in the pitcher or drink dispenser if preferred.
- Add mint sugar water, lemon juice, remaining berries and lemon slices to pitcher.
- Stir to combine.
- When ready to serve add ice and sparkling water.
Keywords: lemonade, berry lemonade, sparkling berry lemonade