- 1 small pumpkin, around 2 pounds
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 2 cups tomato puree/sieved tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup sour cream
- 8 oz feta
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the pumpkin into quarters and remove the seeds with a tablespoon.
- Next, cut the pumpkin into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and cook the ground beef and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and onion to the pan and cook until the ground beef is no longer pink.
- Add the paprika powder and the cayenne pepper and stir.
- Pour in the tomato puree and stir everything together.
- Remove pan from the heat, then add the sour cream and stir again
- Fill the pumpkin into your casserole pan and pour the ground beef sauce evenly over it.
- Spread the feta on top and bake for 50-60 minutes, until the pumpkin is soft. Check with a pointed knife if cooked.
- Check on your casserole after around 40 minutes. If the feta is already getting brown cover the casserole form with tin foil.
- Serve the casserole by itself or with rice, pasta or couscous if you prefer.