For the Lemon-Shallot Vinaigrette:
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons minced shallots
1 1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 1/4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1 small garlic clove, minced
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
How To Make:
In a blender, combine the lemon zest and juice, shallots, mustard, vinegar and garlic and puree until smooth. With the machine on, slowly add the olive oil until emulsified. Pour the vinaigrette into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- 1 (16-oz.) package whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 (8-oz.) package thin green beans, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup Lemon-Shallot Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding green beans to boiling water during last 2 minutes of cooking time; drain.
- Rinse pasta mixture under cold running water until cool; drain.
- Toss together pasta mixture, tomatoes, and vinaigrette.
- Cover and chill up to 24 hours, if desired.
- Stir in dill, and add salt and pepper to taste, just before serving.
- Serving Size: 8 servings