This delicious baked gnocchi recipe in creamy spinach artichoke sauce is the perfect weeknight one-pan meal that’s so easy to put together!
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ medium onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
⅓ cup dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio)
1 package shelf-stable gnocchi
1 cup water
2 cups (packed)fresh baby spinach
1 (12 ounce) jar marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained (see notes)
¾ cup heavy whipping cream
⅓ cup grated parmesan or Romano cheese
½ cup shredded Gruyere cheese
salt and pepper to taste
fresh parsley or thyme for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat a large (10”) oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
When hot, add olive oil and onions. Cook until onions are soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Stir, cooking until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine. Stir in gnocchi, breaking it up with your spatula if stuck together. Add the water. Add salt and pepper to taste and cook on high for about 3 minutes, until gnocchi begins to soften.
- Lower heat to medium-low. Add in the spinach, artichoke hearts, and cream. Stir and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the parmesan cheese and stir to incorporate. Turn off heat. Top with the gruyere cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 – 22 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or thyme and serve warm.
- If the chunks of artichoke hearts are too big for your liking, you can chop them up further before adding.
- You can also add in a bit of the marinade liquid from the artichoke hearts jar to the cream sauce to add a bit more flavor if desired.
- Category: Main dishes
- Method: Baked
Keywords: baked gnocchi, spinach artichoke, one skillet meals, one pan meals, gnocchi recipe, easy gnocchi recipe