This lemon blueberry bread is so easy to make, incredibly moist and delicious! It’s perfect for breakfast, dessert, or as a tasty afternoon snack. This Lemon Blueberry Bread recipe is going to be your new ‘go to’ favorite dessert in no time!
For the cake:
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large lemon, zested
1.5 cups all purpose flour
1.5 tsps baking powder
4 tbsps milk
1.5 cups blueberries
2 tsps flour, for tossing the blueberries
For the lemon syrup:
1 large lemon, juiced
1/2 cup powdered sugar
For the lemon glaze:
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350oF. Line a 2lb loaf pan with with baking parchment.
- Add the softened butter and sugar to a mixing bowl and cream together until light and fluffy.Add the eggs and lemon zest and beat together well until the mixture has doubled in size.
- Place a sieve over the mixing bowl and sift in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Use a spoon to gently fold together.
- Toss the blueberries in 2 tsps of flour and add them to the mixing bowl. Gently fold them in.
- Transfer the cake batter to the prepared baking pan using a spoon to level the top of themixture.
- Put the pan in to the center of the preheated oven and bake for 50 minutes or until the cake isgolden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- When the cake has 10 minutes left in the oven, make the lemon syrup. Put the lemon juiceand powdered sugar into a small saucepan placed over a medium heat. Bring to a simmerstirring continuously until the sugar has dissolved. This will only take a minute or two.
- As soon as the cake comes out of the oven use a toothpick to prick the cake over its entiresurface then pour the lemon syrup over the top of the cake. Leave the cake in the pan toabsorb all of the syrup as it cools.
- When the cake has cooled remove it from the pan and transfer to a serving plate.
- To make the lemon glaze add the powdered sugar to a bowl then gradually add the lemonjuice, mixing together until the glaze reaches a pouring consistency.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the lemon glaze over the top of the cake.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!