2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound turkey, ground or shredded
½ cup yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves (1 tablespoon) garlic, minced
1 (15oz) can tomato sauce
2 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1 (15oz) can black beans, drained
1 (15oz) can kidney beans, drained
- In a large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat, heat oil.
- Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add in turkey and cook though, drain and return to pot.
- Next add in garlic, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, salt and pepper stir to incorporate
- Add in tomato sauce, chicken broth, kidney beans and black beans.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for 30-45 minutes
- Adjust seasons as necessary.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: chili, turkey chili, winter recipe