Looking for an easy and delicious dessert recipe? Check out our Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe! This classic dessert is a crowd-pleaser, and our step-by-step instructions make it a breeze to prepare. With its moist, buttery cake and sweet pineapple and cherry topping, this dessert is sure to become a new favorite. So, grab your apron and get ready to bake!
For the Topping:
¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted
½ cup brown sugar, packed
1 can (20 oz) pineapple rings in juice, reserve juice for cake
1 jar (10 oz) maraschino cherries without stems
For the Cake:
1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup pineapple juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a round 9 inch cake pan.
- For the topping: Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and stir in the brown sugar until smooth. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Arrange the pineapple rings in the brown sugar mixture and place a cherry in the center of each pineapple ring.
- For the cake: In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the sour cream until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, alternating with the pineapple juice, and mix just until combined.
- Spoon the batter over the pineapple rings and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Place a plate or serving platter on top of the cake and flip it over. Be patient and wait 30-60 seconds for the cake to loosen, and then carefully lift off the pan.
- Let the cake cool completely and serve with whipped cream if you like.
Keywords: pineapple upside down cake, desserts, cake, pineapple, summer desserts