Easy Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole is your new favorite dish for any occasion. Try this creamy and delicious loaded mashed potato casserole recipe made with cheese, bacon, sour cream and parsley!
3 lbs. (about 5–6 cups) Potatoes, peeled and diced into ½” cubes
1 cup milk
½ cup butter, room temperature
½ cup sour cream
4 oz. cream cheese
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon pepper
1 cup French fried onions
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
½ cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Add cubed potatoes in a large pot or a Dutch oven. Fill with water until the potatoes are covered. Add a tablespoon of salt and bring water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Boil potatoes under tender, where you can easily stick a fork through. Drain and return potatoes to pot.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add milk, butter, sour cream, and cream cheese to potatoes and mix with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in cheddar cheese, bacon, garlic powder, and pepper. Add more pepper to your liking.
- Pour mash potato into a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, bacon crumbles, and French fried onions. Top with parsley and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- If casserole starts browning place a piece of foil over dish and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: loaded mashed potatoes, mashed potatoes casserole