For the hot chocolate mix:
1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
For the hot chocolate:
5 cups milk
1⁄2 cup half and half
1⁄2 cup water
peppermint extract (optional)
vanilla extract (optional)
- In a mixing bowl whisk together cocoa powder, sugar, and salt until throughly combined.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To make hot chocolate, in a large sauce pan bring water to a boil. Turn down heat to low.
- Add in the hot chocolate mix and whisk.
- Slowly add in milk and half and half.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add in peppermint or vanilla extract if you like.