This easy chickpea salad recipe with lemon and parsley is so quick to put together and makes a perfect healthy side dish for your next BBQ cookout or a nice addition to any lunch or dinner any time of the year – not only in the summer!
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley. chopped
- 1 cup English cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, quartered
- ⅔ cup bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, add the chickpeas, parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, and bell peppers.
- In a small bowl, make the salad dressing by whisking together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add the salad dressing to the chickpea and veggie and toss gently to coat.
- Chill the chickpea salad for an hour before serving.