These ooey gooey Easter Bunny Marshmallow Popcorn Bars are simple and fun to make and put a festive spin on the traditional rice krispie treats!
- 20 regular sized marshmallows
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 5 c. Popped popcorn
- Hot pink candy melts
- 1 tsp. Vegetable shortening or coconut oil
- Easter themed sprinkles
- Easter themed icing decorations
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Place 20 regular sized marshmallows into the bowl with the butter, and mix to coat well.
- Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring each time the microwave stops until the marshmallows are completely melted and smooth.
- Place 5 cups of popped popcorn into a greased 9×9 baking dish.
- Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the popcorn, and stir to coat well.
- Press the coated popcorn into a flat even layer in the baking dish.
- Place a ¼ cup of candy melts and 1 tsp of vegetable shortening or coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave at 30 second intervals until the candy melts are completely melted, and the mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Dip a fork into the candy melt mixture, and create a drizzle over the top of the popcorn in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle on some Easter themed sprinkles over the candy drizzle.
- Press an Easter themed icing decoration in the center of what will be 9 different treat squares.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set and harden a bit.
- Cut the mixture into 9 even squares and serve!
You can vary the theme of these marshmallow popcorn bars by decorating them with different colored sprinkles and candy melts like orange and black for Halloween, or red, white and green for Christmas and so on.
Keywords: popcorn bars, marshmallow popcorn, marshmallow popcorn bars, Easter bunny treats, Easter treats, sweet treats