This creamy butternut squash pasta is packed with so much flavor! Tender roasted butternut squash, creamy rich homemade sauce, wilted spinach and smoked sausage make this butternut squash pasta recipe simply delicious
For the Roasted Butternut Squash:
3 cups butternut squash, cubed (1 medium butternut squash)
¼ cup olive oil
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon Salt
16 oz. Pasta Garofalo Penne Ziti Rigate (cooked and drained)
For the Cream Sauce:
½ cup onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup vegetable or chicken broth
13 oz. Smoked sausage, sliced
1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup shaved parmesan cheese
3 cups baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss together cubed butternut squash, olive oil, Italian seasoning, ground cumin, pepper, and salt.
- Roast seasoned cubed on a parchment lined baking sheet in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet add in onions, minced garlic, and vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add sausage to skillet and cook for 10 minutes. Once sausage is cooked remove onion and sausage mix and place in a bowl.
- In the same skillet add in heavy cream and whisk until sauce reaches a soft boil. Add in shaved parmesan cheese and let sauce simmer until cheese has completely melted.
- Add spinach, cooked sausage, roasted butternut squash, and pasta in with the cream sauce and stir until spinach has wilted.
- Mix pasta together and serve.