Enjoy moist and fluffy Churro Cupcakes topped with a creamy cinnamon cream cheese frosting that’s perfect for any occasion. Satisfy your sweet cravings with this delicious churro cupcakes recipe that’s easy to make and will leave your taste buds wanting more!
For the Cupcakes:
1 (15.25 ounce) box of white cake mix
1 ½ Tablespoons ground cinnamon
3 large eggs
½ cup vegetable oil
1 ¼ cup heavy cream
For the Frosting:
1 (16-ounce) tub of cream cheese frosting, room temperature
1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese, room temperature
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup cinnamon sugar
Caramel sauce, optional garnish
Chopped churro, optional garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line two muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cake mix and cinnamon until they are well combined.
- Use a hand or stand mixer to beat in the eggs, oil, and heavy cream until you have a thick, smooth batter.
- Evenly scoop the batter into the cupcake liners, filling each about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 19-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before decorating.
- While your cupcakes are cooling, prepare the frosting by beating together the cream cheese frosting, cream cheese, and the remaining 1 tablespoon of cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Use a piping bag fitted with a 1M Wilton or similarly sized piping tip to pipe the frosting onto each cooled cupcake.
- Once you’ve piped the frosting onto your cupcakes, sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar and repeat with all remaining cupcakes.
- To finish off your churro cupcakes, garnish them with chopped churros and drizzle with caramel sauce (optional). Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Desserts
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: churro cupcakes, cupcakes, Cinco de Mayo, recipes, desserts