1 lb. chicken breasts
1 cup salsa (heat level optional)
1 cup Mexican cheese
1 tsp taco seasoning
as desired salt and pepper
garnish: dollops of sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season chicken breasts with taco seasoning and salt and pepper
- Place ½ cup of the salsa in a parchment lined baking pan
- Place the chicken in the pan, and cover with the remaining ½ cup of salsa
- Bake for approximately 25 – 30 minutes.
- Open oven door and sprinkle the cheese on top of the chicken.
- Bake for another 8 – 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and gooey.
- Garnish with sour cream and chives if you wish. Enjoy!