Try these easy Buffalo chicken tacos for a bold flavor in a crunchy shell! Perfect for taco night & guaranteed to be a hit with the family.
1 pound chicken breast or pre-cooked chicken, sliced or shredded
3 ounces cream cheese
2 ounces hot sauce
8 hard taco shells, regular size
3–4 ounces cheddar or monterey jack cheese, shredded
½–1 cup shredded lettuce (optional)
2 ounces Ranch dressing (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium-sized skillet, cook chicken on medium heat until done, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
3. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and slice or shred.
4. While the chicken is cooking, place cream cheese and hot sauce in a large microwave-safe bowl for about 30 seconds. Whisk together until smooth and creamy.
5. Add chicken to sauce and toss to coat.
6. Fill taco shells with chicken and place standing up in a baking dish. Top with cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
7. Serve with lettuce and Ranch dressing.
*If you’re not using a non-stick pan, you may need to add 1-2 teaspoons to skillet before cooking. If using pre-cooked chicken, heat in skillet until warm before adding to sauce. Size of chicken breasts vary, which can alter cook time. Cook until internal temperature is 165 degrees and insides are no longer pink.
*I prefer Frank’s hot sauce, but your favorite works too. 2 ounces of hot sauce makes this recipe mildly spicy.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: buffalo tacos, buffalo chicken tacos