This is the ultimate Green Bean Casserole made with fresh green beans and crispy bacon! Adding a little Parmesan Cheese gives it extra flavor. This classic green bean casserole is easy to make, creamy, crunchy and so delicious!
2 pounds fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
1 tablespoon salt
2 cans (10.50 ounces each) Cream of Mushroom soup
1 cup milk
6 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 ½ cups fried onions
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 3-quart baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and salt. Cook for 5 minutes, then drain and immediately run under cold water.
- Whisk the cream of mushroom soup with milk in a large bowl, until smooth.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of crumbled bacon. Stir the remaining bacon into the soup mixture with the green beans, minced garlic, pepper, and half of the fried onions.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then stir the mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, then top with the remaining fried onions and bacon.
- Bake an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is bubbling.