These fun, festive and delicious springtime hot chocolate bombs made with white chocolate, hot chocolate mix and marshmallows sprinkled with pastel colored sprinkles are perfect for Easter or any springtime celebration or just to enjoy any time of the day!
7–8 oz white chocolate or almond bark
alcohol based food coloring (not gel),(optional)
3/4 cup hot chocolate mix of choice
pastel colored Spring or Easter themed sprinkles
large cavity semi-sphere silicone mold
- In a double boiler, melt white chocolate (or almond bark).
- Add food coloring to melted chocolate a few drops at a time, then stir until well blended. Repeat this step can several times until you achieve the desired color.
- Spoon several tablespoons of melted chocolate into mold and “paint” the entire mold using the back of a small spoon – make sure you get the chocolate all the way to the top of the mold.
- Allow molds to rest until chocolate is hardened. You can speed up this process by placing molds in freezer for several minutes, if desired.
- Gently pop chocolate spheres out of the molds, being careful not to chip them.
- Rotate bottom half of bomb on a warm plate to smooth edges.
- Fill with 1/4 cup hot chocolate mix and colored marshmallows to taste.
- Rotate top half of sphere on warm plate to smooth edges and gently press two halves together. The slightly melted edge will seal the two halves. Do this step quickly so that the chocolate doesn’t start to dry before you get the halves together.
- Drizzle tops with melted white chocolate and pastel colored/Easter themed sprinkles.
- To serve, place one bomb in a mug and pour hot milk or water over it to melt, stir.